What's behind the fender badges?

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
If I take off my side badges do I need to plug the holes? Or is it just the open area inside the wheel well? It sometimes rains in Olympia. I'm getting the billet badges. Looking for a billet horse and trunk badge also. Any info on those is helpful. I can't seem to find any.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are holes for the fender badges.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, there are holes for the fender badges.

On the 05? And what's behind the holes? Like is plugging them temporally needed? Or would the water just go out the bottom to the street?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
05-09 have holes behind the badges.

its just a hole in the fender, behind splash guard, you over think things, just pull em, get em welded, smoothed, and painted. Or cover them in another style badge

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
05-09 have holes behind the badges.

its just a hole in the fender, behind splash guard, you over think things, just pull em, get em welded, smoothed, and painted. Or cover them in another style badge

I love you

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If the new badge is held on with trim tape and it covers the holes, no need for body work, the tape will "seal" the hole. It will not corrode, the factory panel was painted without the badge in the first place.

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I should have been more specific. I don't have the new badges yet. But wanted to take the old ones off first. I just felt like going out to the garage and doing something. Then depending on how big the holes were and if they didn't leak water anywhere Important I was going to either leave the holes or get the billet badges. I could temporarily cover the holes with my red duct tape but didn't wanna do that if the water was just gonna drain to the street.

I just don't like the chrome/fake chrome look. My trunk badge was removed yesterday.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Re read my post. Now think about where the inside of the fender is. It's behind the splash shield in the wheel well. Not inside the car. It's not going to cause a single thing.

I used plastidip to black my gt badges

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Re read my post. Now think about where the inside of the fender is. It's behind the splash shield in the wheel well. Not inside the car. It's not going to cause a single thing.

I used plastidip to black my gt badges

Ok cool. That's weird man cause I just watched a YouTube this morning of someone doing this exact thing. The video was "recommended to me" on my YouTube feed. He like peeled it away and it stayed on the badges and peeled off the car. Neat

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
The holes will bother you if you have automotive OCD like me.

Haha! Automotive OCD. I Like that. I do have OCD. Which they will bother me. But those fake chrome badges are bothering me too. I removed the trunk badge and I revealed more OCD under it. A small paint chip, and 2 holes that aren't really centered between the key hole. Damn it never ends. CDC deck lid panel here we come.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
07Mustang_fender_holes.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back