Wheel cosmetic question?

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
on a set of ccw wheels what would you recoment to use to clean up and polish.
Plan on buying the Mother ball today and doing some wheel cleaning.
im using this Eagle one got about 1/2 a can not sure if it'll do the job or if its enough for all 4 wheels.

Attachments

• mg.bmp
    56.9 KB · Views: 24

JA BoostedSTANG

forum member
Reaction score
on a set of ccw wheels what would you recoment to use to clean up and polish.
Plan on buying the Mother ball today and doing some wheel cleaning.
im using this Eagle one got about 1/2 a can not sure if it'll do the job or if its enough for all 4 wheels.

I have the mothers power ball it works good but it can sling the polish all over the place, might be pretty hard to get between your spokes as well. I would just use some good old fashion aluminum wheel polish and elbow grease every once and awhile and you should be fine.

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
got to work yesterday and the mothers ball worked great. even inbetween the spokes. just a couple tight spots i had to get in there myself but other then that worked great. The Eagle one polish im using is more like a clay type of product so sling/splatter all over that place so thats good.

No i've heard about applying like a sealent or something to protect the wax, any recomendations?

anticubicle

Reaction score
1. Take the wheels off the car.

2. Soap & Water with a wheel brush. You can also use a Wheel Cleaner as long as it's clearly written that it's "Safe for All Wheels". I've used some harsh stuff on previous cars and it ate right through the clear coat!!!!

3. Not sure what wheels you have but if they're Chrome, I like to use the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish with a micro fiber cloth and elbow grease. The Powerball honestly is a piece of shit if you don't have a good drill to mount it to. Even then, like JA said — it will sling polish everywhere if you're not careful.

If they're a polished aluminum wheel with a clearcoat like the GT Premium wheels, just use soap + water and CLAYBAR them.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never actually heard you say which wheels you have (finish). If they are unfinished aluminum, then try Zoop Seal. It is expensive but once you get the polished finish you want, they will maintain that finish. I think this is what you are talking about.

Zoop Seal :thumb:

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

Last edited:

FnSweet06

forum member
Reaction score
I never actually heard you say which wheels you have (finish). If they are unfinished aluminum, then try Zoop Seal. It is expensive but once you get the polished finish you want, they will maintain that finish. I think this is what you are talking about.

Zoop Seal :thumb:

http://www.zoopseal.com/zoopseal.asp

thanks for the link. I have a set off CCW's there aluminum polish.

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
can you wax wheels? i didnt even know you could clay bar that, im going to do it next time i wash my car

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back