Wheel spacers

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Want to get a set. If Cam could respond, that would be great. I know he used them on his Bullitt.
I just want to do the rears. Will that negatively affect handling? Just a street car. Where and what to buy?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Easy peasy. Just be sure to remove the brake disc lock washers off the studs before putting the spacers on. Otherwise they will wobble.

The lock washers are used by Ford during assembly to hold the brake discs in place until the wheels are installed. The factory wheels have cutouts in the back so they don't hit the lock washers. If you swap to aftermarket wheels or spacers you need to remove the lock washers first or they get sandwiched in between the disc and wheel.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I got my H&R's off of ebay. They have great support if you have any ?'s. I can get you a part # if you'd like when I get home.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
No negative effects as long as you follow the guideline from Brian (skwerl). I had 25mm spacers on all wheels for a while.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
How big and why do you need them?

7/8" and just for looks. I like the factory wheels, don't want to buy 19's or 20's and don't really need an 18X10 wheel for a car with an 8psi blower on it. I have relatively new Cooper RS3A tires on there now (255/45) but they're all season so they'll be coming off and a new set (already have) summer compound Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's waiting to go on. And I don't want anything but a Bullitt style wheel. I want it to appear as stock as possible because I like the look as it is. I guess 1" ones would work.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Firehawk Indy 500's in a 275/35 20 and so far they have been awesome. I can't believe they are still selling for as cheap as they are, they are almost too good to be true for that price.
I think you'll be pretty happy with them.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Cam used 7/8" spacers but he also replaced the factory studs with longer ones. He didn't use the spacers with the lugs already installed.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I have the Firehawk Indy 500's in a 275/35 20 and so far they have been awesome. I can't believe they are still selling for as cheap as they are, they are almost too good to be true for that price.
I think you'll be pretty happy with them.

Good in what ways? Also, how much power does your car make?

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Single turbo, 488 rwhp/447 rwtq with 8 lbs of boost, I run 10 lbs now. I really couldn't go full throttle before 4th gear with the stock BFG's.

The Firehawks have much more front end grip, stop way better, and insipire much more confidence in the rain. I can actually drive the car and not be afraid if swapping ends.

travelers

Reaction score
I have 7psi and a set of Mickey Thompson 305/35/19s on 10" wheels and can just spin then in 1st 2nd and 3rd on demand. Now mine is an '11.

I would definitely change the out the stock studs for ARPs.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those Firehawks are decent when new but they go downhill fast.
They've been out less than a year in North America, these are not to be confused with the indy 500 wide ovals of a year ago.

These have been sold overseas as the as the Bridgestone adrenalin Re003 for about 3 years. They have a similar tread pattern to the RE-11 Bridgestones.

Look them up on tire rack, review wise and survey wise, they are impressive.

Last edited:

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I have some Eibach wheel spacers if interested

Width? Price? Do I need to replace wheel studs? Once this blower is finished I'm not touching another wrench until I have to lol. I have brand new slotted, zinc coated rotors and Hawk pads and an aluminum FRPP rear end cover sitting in the box, where they will stay until winter lol.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back