Where can I source a fuse box?

Gramps

Straight Grampin'
Reaction score
I'm looking for a replacement fuse box for a 2009 GT, the problem is I can't find any online vendors that sell these and I really don't want to go to the dealership to buy one; but if I have too...

The socket for pin 30 on the high speed fan relay melted due to corrosion on the wire which lead to more resistance, more heat, heat melted the plastic, and as a result that pin on the relay will not longer make contact to the pin in the socket. Thankfully (sarcasm) Ford made this fuse box unserviceable when they riveted in sleeves for the bolts in the middle of it, so I can't take it apart; safely.

I'm going to go get a six-pack and take my Dremel to it, but I'd like to not trash parts in my Mustang. Dose anybody know where I can source one of these? Thanks for your help.

11863222_10153459831908670_2847063544493799227_n.jpg

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you dont need a new fuse box, quite a few of us have had the same problem and have just rewired the fans with 40 amp relays

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
In case your repair doesnt work out, tasca parts would be considerably cheaper than your dealership parts counter.
You were able to take it apart after you loosened those bolts right? Look inside.

Gramps

Straight Grampin'
Reaction score

Great, thanks for the solution. It looks like a 15A fuse for the relay coil, 40A fuse for the relay power output, and a 40A relay will take care of this. The link in there for the service manual PDF with the schematic is great! $325 for a replacement?? No thanks.

gtman, what you see in the picture are the bolts resting in their sleeves. The sleeves are riveted in place and hold the two halves of the box together. As you can see the box is out of the car so the bolts are not screwed into anything at this point.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back