where to mount radar detector

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I have a box of tissues on my dash with a hole in it, wished I had pics but don't, I have a hole cut in the box for the receiver and put tissues on top of that, Nobody has every noticed it unless I have pointed it out.

Ha, that's smart.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those Blend mounts are pretty cool. Too bad they don't make one for my Cobra detector. Well, that thing's getting old, anyway. Maybe I should get a new one.

drboyd

Reaction score
I guess I'm the lame-@$$ here. I've just got mine clipped to the passenger sun visor. I'll have it hard-wired into the dome lights when I get my lame @$$ in gear.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the lame-@$$ here. I've just got mine clipped to the passenger sun visor. I'll have it hard-wired into the dome lights when I get my lame @$$ in gear.

Problem there is your rear facing sensor isn't going to get much of a signal...

WaywardWind

Reaction score
MMRR1009.jpg

It's a poor pix but it shows my almost-hidden poor man's mount. About an inch back from where the headliner meets the windshield at the bottom of the dip in the headliner is where I ran a black wiretie around my Valentine One and up through 2 slits cut in the headliner.

The rubber bumper at the top front edge of the V1 holds it steady against the windshield and pointed correctly. I mounted it just far enough to the side to miss the polka dot shading that is by the mirror. It still has a clear shot through the rear window. With it flat up against the headliner it doesn't show too much. The face of it is always dark cause I put a remote display in my dash. Originally I intended to put tinting along the top edge of the windshield to hide it, but decided I would rather have the totally unobstructed vision for the Lidar sensor.

The cord coming out of the side of the V1 should be routed straight up between the headliner and the windshield but it developed a short and twisting it like this is the only way I could make it work without replacing the whole wire. It runs above the headliner to the passenger side A pillar behind the molding down to the power adapter that's mounted by the fuse box behind the passenger kick panel.

That V1 has saved me hundreds of $$ over the years.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
^ totally doing that !

Posted from Tapatalk yo!

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
^ totally doing that !
Posted from Tapatalk yo!

Got mine in today and am putting mounting it in the am, already wired it to the map light and put the mute button in the A-pillar corner.

Great find guys the part looks sweet

web.jpg

web.jpg

Andrew

G.T

Reaction score
here's mine.. had it on for a few years, and it works perfectly, both forward and rear facing radars and lasers!

Attachments

• IMG-20110417-00054.jpg
    IMG-20110417-00054.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 81

Jonbones

stumoc sreu itlte
Reaction score
^^^nice garage

And Im gonna look into getting a mirror mount, thats a perfect spot

Beltronics vector 955

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Passport. The power cord connector is the same a telephone cord. So I ran a telephone cord from the fuse panel, up the A pillar, and up under the edge of the ceiling liner near the windshield. I left myself about 4 inches of cord by the rear view so I can mount it below the rear view or on either side of the rear view.

I looked at the power cord that came with it and figured out which of the 4 pins in that connector was +12V and which one was ground. The trick part was cutting open the VERY tiny phone cord wires and spicing them to a switched +12V source and ground in the fuse panel. Those phone cord wire are just so $(%& thin.

Works like a champ tough. When not in use, I just stuff the loose 4 inches of phone cord up under the liner by the rear view mirror.

shanec

forum member
Reaction score

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed that custom mirror mount linked to above. I hardwired my detector into the lights. The wires aren't the same color as the ones mentioned in other posts when it comes to the 2011 Mustang. I'll post up how I wired it in in another thread. Luckily for me, I know how to use a DM!!

HC_Tad

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased and installed that custom mirror mount linked to above. I hardwired my detector into the lights. The wires aren't the same color as the ones mentioned in other posts when it comes to the 2011 Mustang. I'll post up how I wired it in in another thread. Luckily for me, I know how to use a DM!!
May I ask what the wire colors were? Getting ready to do my install this evening.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back