Which twin-disc aftermarket clutch for the 2010 GT500

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mr. Clean, I have a TR6060 with a McLeod XRT. Definitely a lighter clutch, as mentioned. Let me know if you wanna drive it, as you can see I'm not far from you.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mr. Clean, I have a TR6060 with a McLeod XRT. Definitely a lighter clutch, as mentioned. Let me know if you wanna drive it, as you can see I'm not far from you.
Will definitely have to take you up on that!

_M_

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i just ordered my RXT, cant wait till its installed

csullivan

Reaction score
I just installed the McLeod RXT and 1400 series throwout bearing. I have about 500 miles on the car since install and I like it alot. it has easier engagement than the stock unit (I have a daily driver 2007 GT500). a little amount of chatter when cold after startup in 1st. but thats about it. It is rock solid in holding power. My power mods are , C&L CAI, 2.6 pulley, Jon Lund 93 octane performance tune. I havent had it dyno'ed but Houston Performance thinks it probably 550RWHP.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
I have about 7000 miles on my RXT. Never had any issues with it. I love it. If it ever goes out it will be replaced with another one.

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
I have a feeling this is going to be a required mod if I were ever to consider doing a pully/tensioner/tune/headers mod (~550-600 rwhp accoding to Richard at Strictly)...or even if I don't...clutches ARE wear items.....any experiences with twin disc clutches on GT500s?
I just had to replace my clutch in the 2008 GT500, We had a 2.9 Whipple added by Pro Dyno and the 726 RWHP finally got the best of it. I went with a Mcleod and have been happy so far

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back