Whining/whistling

matt texass

Reaction score
I'm trying to i.d. some whining/whistling on my car. It usually only happens on decel I can kinda hear it on accel. Its pretty high pitched. I can't place the noise exactly but it sounds like its coming from under me. My cars an auto (really really hoping its not the tranny). I have the usual assortment of bolt ons lts, intake, spyder shaft, 373. Could my pinion bearing be going out and sending noise up the solid d/s? friend said it might be small exhaust leak? Tranny? My car only has 15,000 miles on it and maby 20 maby more track passes. Anybody got anything?

matt texass

Reaction score
is doesnt sound like its coming from the rear end but I don't know yet

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run the auto tranny and I hear it whine....its normal. how long you had the spidershaft? it may cause the whine to come up though the car more than before and that to is a normal thing. mine does it.

matt texass

Reaction score
i tried taking a vid of it and there was no audible sound on it.......hmmmm

T

TORMENTOR

I have an 07 Auto also and mine does it too, I have taken it to the dealership for it and they said it was normal characteristics of the tranny but if it got louder to bring it back, I also took an 08 for a ride and it did the same thing

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back