Whipple 2.9L Crusher for the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Here's how we did last night. Next time out I think we'll get our 9.

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats Jared!! Christy told me you guys ran into some problems, what all is done with the car now?

Thanks Phil. Actually things went pretty smooth last night. We just need better gearing.

Mods are a 2.9L Whipple @13.5psi. Dual return style fuel system, UPR race suspension, bogarts wheels and MT drags, dss driveshaft, Mcleod raxt clutch, american racing headers, magnaflow 3" competition catback and tuning done by Jon Lund.

Gears go in on Monday and it's off to the track again on Wed.

Speak to you soon bro.

Jared

Cone Sweeper

Track Whore
Reaction score
Thanks Phil. Actually things went pretty smooth last night. We just need better gearing.

Mods are a 2.9L Whipple @13.5psi. Dual return style fuel system, UPR race suspension, bogarts wheels and MT drags, dss driveshaft, Mcleod raxt clutch, american racing headers, magnaflow 3" competition catback and tuning done by Jon Lund.

Gears go in on Monday and it's off to the track again on Wed.

Speak to you soon bro.

Jared

Not bad at all!! It's crazy to see 9's with not a whole of power compared to the gt500's all around. Im gonna try and come out Wednesday than for sure to hang out and hope to see you guys run 9's! See ya then!

MARZ

Reaction score
Hey, Jared, I saw the article in 5.0 Mustang regarding your 2.3L vs 2.9L Whipple results at 10 pounds of boost. Very impressive, Lethal! Congratulations. Are you guys going to publish the car's output at 13.5 pounds of boost?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey, Jared, I saw the article in 5.0 Mustang regarding your 2.3L vs 2.9L Whipple results at 10 pounds of boost. Very impressive, Lethal! Congratulations. Are you guys going to publish the car's output at 13.5 pounds of boost?

Thanks a bunch. As far as our new numbers go you'll be able to read about them in another new issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine called Unleash the Beast!!

Track times however I'll be more than happy to post about.

Speak to you soon.

Jared

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
Nice!

Jared I got the latest 5.0 article showing the 2.9 vs. 2.3 comparison, looks like the 2.9 is a way more efficient blower as it made more power at every RPM at the same boost level over the 2.3.

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
These are PD blowers so unlike a Centri or turbo the larger ones will hit harder on the low end.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

The larger PD blower isn't always more efficient on the very bottom end over a smaller PD blower being driven faster. Or for that matter one with different profile lobes of the same or different sizes.

That general statement that because its a larger PD blower it will make better low end is incorrect. There are several things that dictate how the compressor will perform, and where it will perform best.

I am well aware of the elementary differences between turbo, centri, and PD; even then that becomes highly subjective with different turbo sizes.

All i was saying is, I was surprised that the 2.9 being turned at such a slow speed was able to beat out the low end performance of the pullied 2.3.

To me this indicates the 2.9 is def the choice for this engine, larger blowers then the 2.9 may not yield the same low end gains.

But lets not turn this into a debate, I was merely complimenting Jared's 2.3 vs. 2.9 article & the work he has done thus far.

Last edited:

PBstallis

forum member
Reaction score
the numbers are on muscle mustangs website and the articles with all the shop cars are on there,just to give everyone a heads up that has yet to get the magazine

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back