Whipple 2.9L Crusher for the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L!

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I hope there is a detailed graph in that article, I could really care less about the peak numbers.

I want to see the HP/TQ curve vs. the 2.8H

Get out there and show them whats up! They have a 133.X trap on you and a tenth! Cant let that happen.

There will be a graph in the article. As far as track times go the 133 trap and a tenth is with 3 more pounds of boost then we're running and through an auto. Not really a fair comparison considering the power difference and the fact that we're running a manual.

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
There will be a graph in the article. As far as track times go the 133 trap and a tenth is with 3 more pounds of boost then we're running and through an auto. Not really a fair comparison considering the power difference and the fact that we're running a manual.

Ahhh I wasn't aware of the three more PSI.

I thought they said 11 PSI with a stock exhaust and you guys were running 10 (assuming the 2.9L makes 10 PSI on the stock 4" pulley)? Or what was it?

The manual should put more power to the ground then the auto but wont get perfect shifts every time, very good manual driving to get that ET!

I signed up for 5.0 Magazine and another early last month, how long until I receive this issue (I have not received any yet)?

Id be curious to see what a stock engine can handle reliably DD on E85, meth/water, or maybe 93 with a splash of race fuel...

Last edited:

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ahhh I wasn't aware of the three more PSI.

I thought they said 11 PSI with a stock exhaust and you guys were running 10 (assuming the 2.9L makes 10 PSI on the stock 4" pulley)? Or what was it?

The manual should put more power to the ground then the auto but wont get perfect shifts every time, very good manual driving to get that ET!

I signed up for 5.0 Magazine and another early last month, how long until I receive this issue (I have not received any yet)?

Id be curious to see what a stock engine can handle reliably DD on E85, meth/water, or maybe 93 with a splash of race fuel...

I'm not sure what month the blower install/test is in. This month was the bolt on issue so I'm sure it's only a month or so away.

As far as track times go Justin@VMP has already been 10.61@130 with less than 10psi on his TVS and Chris Cruz has been 10.63@133 with his Whipple at 9-10psi. Both cars are Auto's. That should help give you an idea of what others are running with the other positive displacement blower setups.

RectalRampage

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what month the blower install/test is in. This month was the bolt on issue so I'm sure it's only a month or so away.

As far as track times go Justin@VMP has already been 10.61@130 with less than 10psi on his TVS and Chris Cruz has been 10.63@133 with his Whipple at 9-10psi. Both cars are Auto's. That should help give you an idea of what others are running with the other positive displacement blower setups.

Gotcha! :omfg:

dsblk93gt

Reaction score
SO why the swap to the auto? Blow up the MT82?

They didn't...

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Turned up the boost a little on the 2.9L and went to the track last night. The results were excellent. 13psi w/C16 and some good driving yielded us our fastest passes yet. [email protected] and the big dog pass of [email protected].

The car hasn't been to the dyno with the added boost so I don't know what type of power it's making but it's definitely faster than before and seems to be working. LOL

Here's a little more info about our visit to the track last night.

Another great night at the track for Team Lethal and our 5.0 Mustang Magazine project car. The cold air finally showed up so we loaded up the 2011 and headed to Palm Beach International Raceway. This time we added a few more lbs of boost and C16 race fuel. The car has a stock motor, 100% stock suspension, stock exhaust manifolds and the stock 6 speed manual. The mods are: 2.9L Whipple supercharger, Whipple 123mm Intake, L&M 66mm throttle body, DSS driveshaft, Mcleod RXT clutch, SCT X3, Bogart drag wheels and of course the driver mod UPR Products Jeremy Martorella and tuner Jon Lund of Lund Racing.

Our first 2 runs of the night blew the tires off at the line. Our 3rd run Jeremy made some adjustments to the launch and cracked off an amazing 1.43 60ft which yielded us our fastest time yet 10.45@133mph. This was granny shifting the car. The run after that Jeremy wanted to powershift the car but the stock chrome shifter knob made it difficult and he missed 3rd gear. For our next run Jeremy swapped out the stock knob for a stock Shelby leather knob which he could get a better grip on.

So the last and final run of the night was made. Jeremy cut a 1.45 60ft and powershifted the car making it look like an automatic. The car ran a [email protected] making it our fastest pass to date.

Even though we may not have reached the limit of the stock block we're going to continue on with our project and start the build. Plans for the car will be a built motor, triple return fuel system using Fore Precision Works products and more boost.

You'll be able to read all about it in the upcoming issues of 5.0 Mustang Magazine thanks to Editor and good friend Steve Turner.

1039good.jpg

1045good.jpg

Jim Vaccaro

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely.. Our track although pretty damn good still runs slower than the tracks up North.

Jared ,

I know that first hand,,I drove a 99gt that just went 13.0 @ Cecil to then Moroso and went 13 20's all night long......

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Put the car on the dyno today to check a few things before we hit the track Wed night. The car made some sick power. Stock motor, 2.9L Whipple w/3.50" pulley (13-14psi), ARH longtube headers w/offroad X-pipe and a dual pump return style fuel system. I'm not going to post dyno numbers as that's exclusive to 5.0 Mustang Magazine however I can say that it's definitely 9 second power and I'll have a video up of one of the pulls tonight.

For those who aren't familiar with the rest of our setup it's a stock 6 speed manual car with stock suspension and stock longblock. I guess we'll see how strong she really is Wednesday night.

Stay tuned!

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score
Put the car on the dyno today to check a few things before we hit the track Wed night. The car made some sick power. Stock motor, 2.9L Whipple w/3.50" pulley (13-14psi), ARH longtube headers w/offroad X-pipe and a dual pump return style fuel system. I'm not going to post dyno numbers as that's exclusive to 5.0 Mustang Magazine however I can say that it's definitely 9 second power and I'll have a video up of one of the pulls tonight.

For those who aren't familiar with the rest of our setup it's a stock 6 speed manual car with stock suspension and stock longblock. I guess we'll see how strong she really is Wednesday night.

Stay tuned!

This makes me feel good about the (comparitively) pussy power numbers I'm planning on this year :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back