Window down, alram went off.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
OK, here is something weird. My 07 Mustang parked in the driveway. My wife pulls into the driveway. My alarm goes off. I go out to check if she hit the car or something. And my window is rolled down by itself. So the alarm is going off and the window rolled down by itself???? Anyone have an answer????

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you sure you didnt leave the window down?

the PATS system is designed to be set off if something enters the car when the window is down

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You know you can roll down the windows by hitting the unlock button then hitting and holding it down a second time on the key fob. Maybe you put the windows down with out knowing it by having the button get pushed while in your picket.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You know you can roll down the windows by hitting the unlock button then hitting and holding it down a second time on the key fob. Maybe you put the windows down with out knowing it by having the button get pushed while in your picket.
I thought that was only on the very earlly '05's.

to the OP...call the dealer let him scratch his head!:popcorneat:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought that they all did that? I know that the 07's do it as my friend has a 07 and it does it.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both of mine have the factory passive alarm. I used to read threads (other forums LOL) about the roll down feature and I was always out of the loop. I think having it was always something different than I had. A little research on that may be key to finding out more.
I would still make the dealer do some work getting the answer for the OP. haha
Tell more about this roll down feature. And I only mean USING THE REMOTE. How is it set? Manual cover it? What was in the OEM build to get it?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both of mine have the factory passive alarm. I used to read threads (other forums LOL) about the roll down feature and I was always out of the loop. I think having it was always something different than I had. A little research on that may be key to finding out more.
I would still make the dealer do some work getting the answer for the OP. haha
Tell more about this roll down feature. And I only mean USING THE REMOTE. How is it set? Manual cover it? What was in the OEM build to get it?

I honestly don't know. I saw a thread on AFM and went out and tried it with my car and it worked. Then I had my friends with 05-07 mustangs try it and it worked for them as well. With the doors locked, hit the unlock button then hit and hold it till the windows roll down, usually about 5 sec I think.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
you sure you didnt leave the window down?

the PATS system is designed to be set off if something enters the car when the window is down
No I did not leave the window down. I went in my once today. Just to get my sunglass. My keys where on the table.

mykim72

forum member
Reaction score
what other features can you do?
i didnt know you could roll the windows down by holding it

RRRoamer

Reaction score
You can't on cars made after early March 2005. It (global windows with the active anti-theft upgrade) was disabled in early 2005 (around January if my memory is working) and completely removed from the SJB programming very early March 2005. I know as my car was built 15 March 2005 (with the active alarm system) and the global windows does NOT work and it can NOT be activated by the dealer (I've had three different dealers try. It's no longer in the SJB program so there is nothing to activate).

FYI: I just went to the garage to double check and no, it still doesn't work...

If it is working on a car build after early March 2005, then either you have an aftermarket alarm installed or something VERY weird is going on!

And the PATS system has NOTHING to do with the windows. It is only a starter interruption system based on a coded key. Everything else is tied into the active anti-theft upgrade.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can't on cars made after early March 2005. It (global windows with the active anti-theft upgrade) was disabled in early 2005 (around January if my memory is working) and completely removed from the SJB programming very early March 2005. I know as my car was built 15 March 2005 (with the active alarm system) and the global windows does NOT work and it can NOT be activated by the dealer (I've had three different dealers try. It's no longer in the SJB program so there is nothing to activate).

If it is working on a car build after early March 2005, then either you have an aftermarket alarm installed or something VERY weird is going on!

And the PATS system has NOTHING to do with the windows. It is only a starter interruption system based on a coded key. Everything else is tied into the active anti-theft upgrade.

yeah! I was thinking this when I posted. thanks!

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

This information is slightly inaccurate. Although it was deactivated on cars built after early January or February 05 it can be activated by your dealership.
Mine was built 5th of April 2005 and I had it turned on.

I have a friend who works at the dealership and he did it for me.
When he went in to the computer to do it it said that this feature is not available on the car. He clicked or checked off or whatever he's supposed to do and it worked anyway. I wasn't there watching so I can't describe the procedure exactly.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Hmm, I was in Afghanistan when my friend checked his car, I could have sworn he said it worked and I know he has an 07. It seems likely that I am mistaken. Sorry to cause confusion.

RRRoamer

Reaction score
This information is slightly inaccurate. Although it was deactivated on cars built after early January or February 05 it can be activated by your dealership.
Mine was built 5th of April 2005 and I had it turned on.

Typical Ford! They might have had an earlier programmed PCM that that was installed in your car after the change to the PCM programming was made. You get the same issues when they make any running change and for about two months you will some of the old parts slipping through.

That's lucky for you! The global windows feature was one of the main reasons I bought the active anti-theft in the first place, so I was pretty pissed when I found out I didn't get that feature.

In my March 15th 2005 built car, the option isn't disabled, it's simply not there at all, so there isn't anything that can be turned on.

RRRoamer

Reaction score
Hmm, I was in Afghanistan when my friend checked his car, I could have sworn he said it worked and I know he has an 07. It seems likely that I am mistaken. Sorry to cause confusion.

No biggie! I'm glad you made it back from Afghanistan!

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Typical Ford! They might have had an earlier programmed PCM that that was installed in your car after the change to the PCM programming was made. You get the same issues when they make any running change and for about two months you will some of the old parts slipping through.

That's lucky for you! The global windows feature was one of the main reasons I bought the active anti-theft in the first place, so I was pretty pissed when I found out I didn't get that feature.

In my March 15th 2005 built car, the option isn't disabled, it's simply not there at all, so there isn't anything that can be turned on.
First of all it's not a PCM function but an SJB function.
It's possible that the person was looking in the wrong location.
Secondly as far as PCM goes I have the last revision of PCM software that went out in 05 which was CDC3.
Unless you were standing there looking over their shoulder or you have a friend who is a mechanic there I really wouldn't trust that they tried too hard.

There were a few threads on another I frequent which others have had it turned back on.
Either way I rarely use it. It would have been more handy to have the windows roll up from the remote but there is too much of a liability issue with that.

Last edited:

Black Tooth Grin

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm about to test the SJB theory. Mine is being replaced right now. Hopefully I will still have the global window functionality when they give the car back. Not holding my breath... but hopefully.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
the alarm went off bc the window was open, and the alarm was set. If my window is open and my alarm is set, sometimes all someone needs to do is walk past the car to trigger the motion detector. (note, this was a factory option).

Im guessing you forgot to shut the window lol. it happens.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back