Window tint on a vert??

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my windows tinted but I'm not sure how it would look on a vert. Mostly thinking of when the windows are up and the top is down. Any verts out there tinted? Pics maybe??

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Do the verts have glass or plastic back windows?

I think it would look great. I can't drive a car without tint. When the top is up it will be all dark and sexy. When it's down, no one can see it anyway.

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Do the verts have glass or plastic back windows?

I think it would look great. I can't drive a car without tint. When the top is up it will be all dark and sexy. When it's down, no one can see it anyway.

The back is glass...

My thoughts are when the top is down and the glass it up that it would really look out of place. In the summer while driving down freeways etc I will have the glass up to cut down on the wind a bit. I can't say that I have seen a vert tinted before... mind you mine is factory tinted but it is really light

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
It will look great!

Yep, having tinted windows rolled up with the top down looks no more out of place than having non-tinted windows rolled up with the top down, lol

I know it's a necessary thing some times, but it will look just as good. And that bad ass car is going to look sick all tinted out when the top is up.

100% Do it!!

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, having tinted windows rolled up with the top down looks no more out of place than having non-tinted windows rolled up with the top down, lol

I know it's a necessary thing some times, but it will look just as good. And that bad ass car is going to look sick all tinted out when the top is up.

100% Do it!!

Sold! Will post pics next week!

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
im tinted, 5%.

havnt taken a pic with top down and windows up, actually I havnt even done that yet, LOL

4f6b81c3.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I know my car isn't a convertible but this will give you an idea of the darkness. I have 15% on the two front windows. 5% on the three rear windows. Llumnar Air Blue on the entire front windshield.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299915281.267276.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299915281.267276.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 39
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299915304.514187.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1299915304.514187.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 35

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally got it done. Man, how time flies. Anyways, this is 20% on the rears and 35% on the sides. I didn't want to get too dark as it is technically illegal here.

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
That might be it, because I'm pretty sure the stock window protector isnt very furry haha. Never used it personally, but was told its a must to do before tint to prevent scratching.

I plan on doing some tint to the vert, and will install the moleskin before because its only $30. Cheap insurance.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Competent tint places will actually just install it for you without you even asking.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Forget the moleskin and go to your dealer or order this online. All Mustangs with a model year of 2008 have these and they won't scratch your tint. I would roll your window down as little as possible until you get these.

Weatherstrip.jpg

Beerhunter

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the moleskin and go to your dealer or order this online. All Mustangs with a model year of 2008 have these and they won't scratch your tint. I would roll your window down as little as possible until you get these.

Weatherstrip.jpg

Thanks! I will go and grab some from Ford tomorrow. How do you install them? Do the door panels have to come off?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I believe I paid $48 but they might be around $53 online. Either way, it's worth the extra coin over the Moleskin for the OEM part. I've used Moleskin in the past and had hit and miss results. After some hot days my fiance's car ended up losing the Moleskin all over the window. The adhesive ended up ruining the tint, there was no way to remove the adhesive without damaging the tint. The OEM seal was sanded, prepped, etc prior to the Moleskin so that wasn't an issue.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
...How do you install them? Do the door panels have to come off?...

I scanned in the moleskin directions for you. Either method you choose will be the same steps. The only thing they have wrong is the Torx screw was a 30 instead of the 25 they say to use.

Attachments

• Moleskin Install.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back