Winner!

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Local track and some friends put on a street car shoot out last Wednesday night. Rules were simple, street tire= ET street radial or bias as long as it is a DOT tire. Car had to have plates, exhaust and street appearing. Basically no gutted race cars. Two qualifying passes, top 8 would run a heads up .500 pro tree shoot out elimination ladder.

I hadn't had the car out since May but was getting the itch again so I went. I changed the crank pulley from a +18% to a 10% this spring to get some boost out of it so I could work on a pump gas tune. I had the 3.4" blower pulley on it the first past and it went 10.93. I knew that wouldn't be good enough so I swapped down to the small pulley for the second pass and she went 10.16 @ 134 which got me the number 1 spot.

First round elimination she blew the tires off at the hit! I finally got it settled down and was lucky to be able to run the other guy down on the top end by .017. My radials are two years old and are done, buddy said to burn em down on the next burn out, so I did my best John Force burn out and she hooked like normal, 1.44 60' and 10.005 @ 135 out the back door.

Finals I raced a friend of mine in his beautiful 69 Camaro. We both knew that if I hooked he wouldn't have anything for me. So I burned them down again and it went 1.40 60' I guess the index racer part of me kicked in and I lifted at the top end and that is why the MPH fell off otherwise she would have been in the high 9's.

No new personal best or anything, just a fun time at the track and thought I would share it.

Here are a couple pictures.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lee,

Way to go and from reading your post you sure did have a good time. :beerchug2:

Nice going man ...

Terry

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Those kind of events are always fun. Congrats on the win! :beerchug2:

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Congrats to a guy who always bends over backwards to help a friend out.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome and congrats. You've got a fast car for sure. You have some very nice RTs off the pro tree. Is your car and auto or manual? If auto please tell me your technique off the line. I am always wanting to learn how to cut a better light.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's great. Good job, sounded like you had a great time. You got lucky on the first round, huh?

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome and congrats. You've got a fast car for sure. You have some very nice RTs off the pro tree. Is your car and auto or manual? If auto please tell me your technique off the line. I am always wanting to learn how to cut a better light.

4R70 with a trans brake. Converter stall is about 4200 but I normally keep the two step at 3200-3500 depending on the track. My RT's really were not that good, lack of practice and I was staging very shallow so there wasn't any chance I would go red.

That's great. Good job, sounded like you had a great time. You got lucky on the first round, huh?

Very! He went 10.90 and I went 10.98...I beat him on a "holeshot" with my my stellar .122 RT.............LOL

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back