Wire Tuck Thread

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Since its electrical that's one thing I would rather not chance. I have never soldered before.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Here you go its a little cleaner now than this picture but you can see it a little better.

SAM_0764.jpg

Nice! very clean wire tuck.... mine won't be as nice as that till i move the fuse box and pcm , but a lot won't be seen since the all the braided lines and Charge cool Vortech . I'll be posting a picture of the finished project later this week. then in a moth or two i'll relocate the fuse box and pcm, going to get the car back together for now to enjoy for the rest of summer, then finish.:thumb2:

UNDRTKR

forum member
Reaction score
That looks awesome 06gt. What kind of catch can is that?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Nice! very clean wire tuck.... mine won't be as nice as that till i move the fuse box and pcm , but a lot won't be seen since the all the braided lines and Charge cool Vortech . I'll be posting a picture of the finished project later this week. then in a moth or two i'll relocate the fuse box and pcm, going to get the car back together for now to enjoy for the rest of summer, then finish.:thumb2:

Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out James. I'm leaning towards a partial tuck too.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Since its electrical that's one thing I would rather not chance. I have never soldered before.

soldering isn't that hard to do, You could always go out and buy you an cheap soldering gun,solder and a little wire to practice with first. The is plenty info on you tube to show you how to solder. Also watch the link that was posted in this thread yesterday about the APEX solder connectors, those can be soldered by using a heat gun instead of a soldering gun. I still have to solder my wires for the IAT to mafia connection, i'll take step by step pictures when i do it, to give give you a better idea of how it's done.:thumb2:

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out James. I'm leaning towards a partial tuck too.

Thanks Jaye, I would have already had it finished , but I started stripping the valve covers and polished the charge cooler on the Vortech,it a had a few scratches on it, that I wanted to fix while it was off.Plus once I seen how bad the valve covers where while off the engine ,even after cleaning,I knew I had to do something with them.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Thanks Jaye, I would have already had it finished , but I started stripping the valve covers and polished the charge cooler on the Vortech,it a had a few scratches on it, that I wanted to fix while it was off.Plus once I seen how bad the valve covers where while off the engine ,even after cleaning,I knew I had to do something with them.

You going to pc them or leave them polished? I can't imagine how difficult it would be to keep that chrome shined up.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
You going to pc them or leave them polished? I can't imagine how difficult it would be to keep that chrome shined up.
Just leave them polished for now, they where powder coated and they just wouldn't come clean , so I'll leave it polished for now and see what happens. Also stripped the alt bracket and polished it while it was off,going to try and clean throttle body up while it's off also, just can't afford to replace it with a polished FRPP one at this time.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Just leave them polished for now, they where powder coated and they just wouldn't come clean , so I'll leave it polished for now and see what happens. Also stripped the alt bracket and polished it while it was off,going to try and clean throttle body up while it's off also, just can't afford to replace it with a polished FRPP one at this time.

Yeah that TB costs a pretty penny, but so shiny.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I need to make an extension from for my maf so I can get rid of the mafia I been using it as just an extension. Might be a good time to learn.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
How much of an extension are you adding when doing this? doing the extension with the following gauge wire may be recommended, if a wire you are extending is 18, use 16 for the extension and so on.

What are you doing with the CKP wires?

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Probably 12 to 15 inches I would imagine. Ive been using the mafia just as an extension and its an awful expensive extension. Its on my list to get done just haven't gotten around to it. I have hydrodipped valve covers and would absolutely love for people to be able to see them got way to may wires cluttering everything up.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry Josh I was mainly asking RJ about the PCM move and the CKP question is because they come shielded. That is ok with the MAFia extension too.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
Probably 12 to 15 inches I would imagine. Ive been using the mafia just as an extension and its an awful expensive extension. Its on my list to get done just haven't gotten around to it. I have hydrodipped valve covers and would absolutely love for people to be able to see them got way to may wires cluttering everything up.

12-15 inches isn't a whole lot to extend, you could do as lito says if it's a 18 awg , then use the 16 awg which is a bigger wire, remember the larger the number on the wire is actually small in diameter. But really only 12-15 inches isn't going to give much voltage drop if any. But Lito has been doing this kind of stuff longer than me,so he would know which size wire is best for the mafia extension.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Sorry Josh I was mainly asking RJ about the PCM move and the CKP question is because they come shielded. That is ok with the MAFia extension too.

All of the ones extended 3 ish feet were the headlight harness. The injector and coil pack wires were only extended maybe 12 inches and were all done with 18 gauge

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
All of the ones extended 3 ish feet were the headlight harness. The injector and coil pack wires were only extended maybe 12 inches and were all done with 18 gauge

Did you have to extend any of the wires for relocation of the fuse box? I assumed you relocated it to under the dash / glove compartment.

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to see how the fuse box was relocated if you have any pics, awesome job man!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back