With the 2013 block

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
I think most of us can agree that the biggest difference with the 2013 block is the oil squirters being removed. The offset of that is 'the piston being stronger'.

1) Is the piston stronger or did the coating (from ford; didnt they do something else too?) make it stronger?
2) Will oil coolers be as effective with no squirters?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I have heard that the 2013s do have oil squirters in them which is odd considering that Ford says they don't.

burtial

Reaction score
My understanding is that Ford is now saying that they DO, but the Boss does not.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
lol yes i know the subject is being beatin to death. But i am planning on buying a mustang in the next few months so im doing all the homework i can; Coming from the 350z platform, hp just seems way to easily accessible...

Gas relief groove and the coating make for a better, stronger piston.

so its not the piston thats stronger; its the design of the block to support the piston

Last edited:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
I was talking about the piston not the block. The piston is a new design with the hardening/coating process and the gas relief groove.

erm i got confused in my own head with something else. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I understands now.

LTX

Lava Red
Reaction score
I was arguing the 5.0 and the nismo 370z..

Ended up with the 5.0 and haven't regretted it..the 370z was sweet as hell too..

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
The 370 is very nice. Tuners are having a hell of a time trying to crack the new lift/duration system they got. But too pricey for me. Most bang for your dollar is definitely the 5.0 if your looking for hp. Plus...what girl doesnt like a nice rumbly stang ;)

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
The 370 is very nice. Tuners are having a hell of a time trying to crack the new lift/duration system they got. But too pricey for me. Most bang for your dollar is definitely the 5.0 if your looking for hp. Plus...what girl doesnt like a nice rumbly stang ;)
most 5th gen owners..:evillaugh:

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for pictures but both L&M and MMR have customer's 2013 5.0 blocks with piston squirters. It seems only the Bosses and Ford Racing blocks have them deleted.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
well if the regular 5.0 blocks have both squirters and the coating then there should be no more #8 issue in a sense.

It would only take one person to blow their engine for whatever reason and post it on the forums blaming the #8 cylinder. Instant 'design flaw' in some peoples eyes.

Miked73USA

Reaction score
Subd... I have a 2013 on the way, anyway to get a definitive answer from ford on the gt blocks?

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
The customer service reps :roflmao: are stating they do have the squirters But in reality, no definite answer yet. supposidly L&M was working on a 13 that had them. Feel like tearing your 13 down to see??? :beerchug2:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back