Would these fit - Xxr 521

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Found a guy locally that has some used wheels/tires for sale that were on his 350z. I know those typically would fit on an S95 because of the offset but I'm thinking his might be within the confines although I'm thinking it's possible I couldn't go further than a +35 with these. Wondering if they are too far out if they could be shaved but then I'm not so certain a 10.5 would fit on the back.

Wheel sizes are 20x8.5F +32 offset 20x10.5R + 30 offset. Front lip slightly under 2inches, rear around 3.5. Wheels are mounted and balanced, nexxen v3000 tires. Front tires are 245/35/20 and have a solid 70-80% tread life remaining. No lumps or uneven wear. Rear tires are 275/30/20 and have around 45-55% tread life remaining.

3Kb3Lb3He5Eb5Fb5Hcd2o07bddd59934d1e83.jpg

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
I tested fitted them on my car 3 years back; fitment wasn't perfect but they looked pretty good.

What's the offset on this set? XXR offers two different offsets.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
20x8.5F +32 offset 20x10.5R + 30 offset.

I think the fronts will be fine, but the rears will stick out a fair bit. Didn't an user have some on his yellow Saleen?? I don't remember the username though.. Gorgeous yellow Saleen with glass roof and XXR 521s..

Found him: http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66306&highlight=xxr+521
Username: RedMosesSC

Thanks. So they might work then. Just a matter of tire sizes. I'm not crazy about it sticking out though, but my current SVE Drift 19's with 285/35's actually stick out 1/4" at the widest part of the tire.

How hard is it to have rims shave on the backside and with these being 10.5's, do we have room on the backside? I know I've seen a couple guys running 11's on back. I would think a 1/2" shave would be enough if I could get it. Also, how does one go about finding a shop that would do that kind of thing?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Take a look at this, same wheels:
http://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...re-patient-pics-are-up-of-the-new-wheels.html

He shaved 5mm off of the hub.
I"m actually throwing the same set on my car in about a month. Just waiting for the spring weather to kick in.

Yeah, I messaged him (he came up in a google search) to see if he's run into any issues, etc.

Look at my sig.

18x8.5 front and 18x10 rear with 25+ all around. The 30+ will be just fine.

But how much of a drop do you have on your car and how far do your rear rims stick out? The reason I ask is that the SVE Drifts are +35 and the rims themselves are right to the edge of my wheel well. I know that there are other factors beyond just the offset. I'm pretty certain at this point that they will stick out just a little bit. Now I'm wondering, witch my rear lowered 1.5 inches, if I'll run into problems with the tire rubbing and if I can get the hub shaved on the back as well like the guy mentioned in the link above.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I have them on mine:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1626336&postcount=53

I'm sure you've seen this, I think you made a snide remark on it :stfu: :roflmao:

Hmm. Looks good. I don't believe I made a remark about it. I found shark tails has them on his as well (20x10.5 all around). I know I didn't care for his tires being overly stretched. You have the same offsets I listed? Looks like you might have something wider than the 8.5 up front as well?? Any shots from looking down the side?

I think I might go meet up with the guy this weekend. Sent him an email and he was willing to let me mount a front and rear to verify fitment. I'm due for new tires soon and some days I like my Drifts and some days I don't. I can get this package for less than new tires.

..................ok, I went back and looked at that whole thread. Maybe I did at one time. I see your fronts stick out about an inch so I may have said something about that but I see you actually had to add a spacer on top of the offset in order to clear the Brembo's.

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I think these rims aren't going to happen. In addition to not hearing from him for the last couple of days I've found that the craigslist posting for them is gone today. Guessing he went and sold them out from under me. Would have been nice if he'd at least told me so. Jerk.

I like the rim though. Thinking I might go with these in 18's. Mr. Who, what size tires are you running? Or more so, could I run wider tires than you are? Your back looks stretched. Does the rim stick out beyond the wheel well??

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the guy with the yellow Saleen that has 20's said he has tracked his. He does get some rubbing he said. Finds rubber inside the wheel well. Stock Saleen ride height.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Think I might just give up on the xxr 521's. The whole thing about not knowing exactly how far they stick out is bothering me.

However, XXR does have another rim that looks really similar, the 531. The good thing, it comes in a 9.5" with a +35 offset, which would be perfect and match what I currently have in a 19". The bad part, it's still a preorder (hope that means they will actually make the thing). It is available in other sizes already and I hope the pre-order numbers aren't being used to guage whether it's actually produced or not.

53158462N1-2.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
True.. Still the 9.5" has a 2.75" lip. Can't complain about that.

Yeah. I'm waiting to hear back from them about availability on the 9.5. Hopefully it will be soon as my tires are close to bald out back and I need to do something quick.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know it would be somewhat impractical for a set of wheels, but what about shortening the axle to accommodate a smaller offset? How far in could one go if they were to possibly do this?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back