Would these fit - Xxr 521

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I know it would be somewhat impractical for a set of wheels, but what about shortening the axle to accommodate a smaller offset? How far in could one go if they were to possibly do this?

Tough to say but I would think the bigger issue would be the springs. I don't recall who but did see someone throw on 12"s but, if I remember correctly, he had to take dust cover off or might even have been running coils. I think there's a point of financial return. No point in sticking money into shortening a rear end/etc. for rims that sell for less than $175 each. The xxr 531's aren't exactly the rim I'd like to go with but they are close enough to the 521 and "hopefully" will actually show up and aren't just a ploy on XXR's part to guage interest in the 10.5".

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sucks that they make such nice rims, but not in the right offset for mustangs. I would really like the 20 x 11 526, but there's no way in hell they would fit right.

I'm with you on the point where it just doesn't make any sense though. It's probably a pipe dream to think you could get both ends narrowed and have the axles re-splined or buy new ones for a reasonable price (>$500). I think I'd have a hard time going over 2K for that setup.

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks that they make such nice rims, but not in the right offset for mustangs. I would really like the 20 x 11 526, but there's no way in hell they would fit right.

I'm with you on the point where it just doesn't make any sense though. It's probably a pipe dream to think you could get both ends narrowed and have the axles re-splined or buy new ones for a reasonable price (>$500). I think I'd have a hard time going over 2K for that setup.

Maybe these 'planned' sizes on the 531 is an indicator that they are trying to hit a few other vehicle markets.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and pre-ordered two of these for the back in 18x9.5 +35. They telling me they will be available in April-June. When these come in I'll go ahead and order the two fronts. Here's hoping those don't get discontinued.

53158462N1-2T.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
My car was dropped 1.2 with the springs I had. I had no issues with rubbing, but the rims I had were for looks. Read no serious driving as they were for the street only.

shark tales

Wiggle Wiggle Memeber
Reaction score
neema has the best proper fitment on here. hes running some serious wide wheels and rubber.

aggressive offsets on our cars can be easily fitted its just no one likes to roll and or do fender work.

i obviously made my decision with the 521s and i love them

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I agree. Even Asian Skater's looks nice but it's really tough to have a daily driver that isn't functional. Even with my 19's and 285/35's I 'feel' a lot of potholes. Honestly, I'm actually looking forward to the way 18's ride. Who knows, maybe even road course it in 2014.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back