Wrench Light

mydangstang

forum member
Reaction score
I was inspecting my airfilter and my MAFand it looked fine but I blew on it just in case there was anything in there. So when I started it up and drove the WRENCH came on but my X3 said there were no trouble codes and the car ran fine. I pulled the neg bat cable for 5mins to reset and then restarted and the wrench light was still there but car runs fine. I took my X3 and reset my performance tune back to stock and then reflashed my performance tune and wrench is still there but the X3 says there are no codes. What the hell is going on and what should I do now??? :tomato
From now on I aint touching this car unless it's really running like crap.

Never had anything like this happen with my tune or my car since I bought it, And it runs fine as I had it upto 5500rpms so it's not goinh into limp mode but if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate the help

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The pins werent connecting on my MAF before causing the wrench code to come on. Check all connections around the MAF and make sure they are good. I seen that wrench plenty of times cause of the MAF.

classix_stang289

forum member
Reaction score
could light have been tripped by blowing on the MAF, try cleaning it now? could that help, maybe you got some broccoli or something on it from your last meal.

Mr. Bill

forum member
Reaction score
Get some electronics cleaner from the auto parts store and carefully spray the MAF connectors to clean them. Let it air dry before you put it back in. Should fix the problem.

mydangstang

forum member
Reaction score
I took it out and blew inside the actual eye that measures the airflow but never thought that would send the system whacky, that thing has tons of air blowing through it when the car is running and much harder than my little breath and it was before dinner and no beer!! This car has never been sensative like this before.

Has anybody heard if that wrench comes on for maitenance by any chance??? Or is it only brought on when a system part has failed??

Thanks for the help, gusee I'll buy a TPS and hope that fixes it..

jha1223

forum member
Reaction score
If the light came on after "fiddling" with the air intake, go back and make sure you've got everything clamped and secured as it should be. As I've seen here before ... "ask me how i know"

Last edited:

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Maybe it's your spit all in there?? Do it the right way buy MAF cleaner and see what happens... I just cleaned my maf and tb and she runs likea scolded dog with no lights

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back