Wtb: Supercharger

06Rousher

forum member
Reaction score
With my tax return coming in soon I'm wanting to jump on some FI

Looking for centris but would consider a roots style like an m90, not wanting to make over 500rwhp so I don't need a big unit but want something reliable

Price range $0-4000
Thanks

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a real low mileage Saleen if your interested.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this hunt, other than I own one and like it, but you can get a DOB kit with that budget.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my dob gt450 manifold (standard dob manifold) to the new r-spec DOB manifold (for the big Whipple). I will let the used one go cheap.

http://www.departmentofboost.com/vbull/forumdisplay.php?5-GT450-3v-Manifold-Tech-and-Install-Info

As of now, till the last couple manifolds out of this batch are sold they are $1995 for a new one. The next batch will be going up in price (gt450).

I can get you a new one if you like or offer my used one for $1300. I will throw in the tensioner pieces that are another $75 for that price and it will sell fast.

With the used manifold you should be able to get one going for around $3k. This one uses the oem 07-12 gt500 blower and will make all the power you need with that stock motor. If you have a built motor I have a tvs that will get you to 700 no problem and will bolt right on the gt450 manifold

For a few extra bucks I can swing down to Houston and do the install and tune. Did a couple down there

20130601_130410_zpsa3b51b95.jpg

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I am about to upgrade my dob gt450 manifold (standard dob manifold) to the new r-spec DOB manifold (for the big Whipple). I will let the used one go cheap.

http://www.departmentofboost.com/vbull/forumdisplay.php?5-GT450-3v-Manifold-Tech-and-Install-Info

As of now, till the last couple manifolds out of this batch are sold they are $1995 for a new one. The next batch will be going up in price (gt450).

I can get you a new one if you like or offer my used one for $1300. I will throw in the tensioner pieces that are another $75 for that price and it will sell fast.

With the used manifold you should be able to get one going for around $3k. This one uses the oem 07-12 gt500 blower and will make all the power you need with that stock motor. If you have a built motor I have a tvs that will get you to 700 no problem and will bolt right on the gt450 manifold

For a few extra bucks I can swing down to Houston and do the install and tune. Did a couple down there

20130601_130410_zpsa3b51b95.jpg

That's a very good price. How much did you make with the tvs? How much for the tvs with the manifold?

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
That's a very good price. How much did you make with the tvs? How much for the tvs with the manifold?

We had issues with the dyno (ended up not being a loaded dyno) so could not get any final numbers. It makes a bunch of torque and I was only able to get around 620ish before we would spin the tires on the rollers. That was around 4800 rpm and around 18psi. We are shifting at 6800 and 20psi boost gauge pegs out at 5500 rpm. That was on e85 with only 18° timing as we had planned on hitting it with nitrous. Only problem is we could not get an accurate idea of how much power we were out and were afraid of going over 1000 with the n20.

We are certain we are well over 700 even with the lame timing.

This blower is already setup for the dob manifold with a 2.44“ custom dob pulley. I could let the manifold, blower/elbow/pulley and tensioner pieces go for $3200 shipped conus. The tvs is a 2013 with low low miles (less than 500) that I bought new.

Rpm427sc

forum member
Reaction score
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I am selling my Whipple 2.3 HO kit complete with 10 rib drive when I get home from my deployment in a couple weeks. Its a very reliable setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back