WTH Livernois???

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, I have a forged stroker build that got put on hold due to a house fire last summer. I am slowly getting around to doing some things to get the ball rolling. I thought I would put my phaser lockouts in my new phasers to have them ready to go. Well, I can't find my Livernois lockouts that I had before everything was moved out of the house while repairs were made. Small box apparantly got lost in the shuffle. Not a huge deal, was only about $50 so I go to order a new set..... $699!!!!! What the H*LL? Un-freaking-believable!

I have a spreadsheet with all the parts I previously ordered that has prices, shipping, part numbers and even a link to the item on the vendor web page. I consult my spreadsheet:

LaTeEv2.jpg

There it is $49.99 + shipping total $65.72.....

The link is dead, and a search for the part number (LME3VLOCKOUT) brings up the ohaser limiters which are now $129!!!! Insanity! I need some reasonably priced lockouts...

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..... I wonder if I should just go with 3V V10 cam gears....

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hate to mention this particular vendor, but check BBR.

http://www.blowbyracing.com/bbrcamlockouts.html

YES guys, I know...FUCK BBR!

That's what I was looking for. I knew another vendor was making them. I even (shamefully) looked around the MMR site..... How can you mess up a chunk of aluminum that fits into a spot and it designed NOT to move? :sigh1:

I did more searching through every place I can think of and the lockouts are nowhere to be found. I am fully confident that they will appear sometime after the BBR lockouts show up!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
In that case you can sell your original ones for near new price :D
Lol

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was reading the reviews of the $700 noise repair kit, man are those people being screwed and they are GRATEFUL! just wow

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Have you tried calling them to see if the website has a decimal placed in the wrong spot?

Meaning it could be 69.99, not 699.99

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Livernois is awesome. I would just call them, explain what happened, and they might hook you up on at the old price.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Before bashing on Livernois you should make sure you are paying attention to the details. I'm looking at their site right now and the lockouts by themselves are $129.99. The set that comes with two new phasers with lockouts installed is $699.99.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Before bashing on Livernois you should make sure you are paying attention to the details. I'm looking at their site right now and the lockouts by themselves are $129.99. The set that comes with two new phasers with lockouts installed is $699.99.

I never found the lockouts by themselves. Only the limiters.... Not sure that the kit comes with phasers, just the lockouts and the tuner. Per site:

Includes: MyCalibrator Tuner, Livernois Lockouts, OEM Quality Phaser Bolts, and Livernois Timing Chain Wedge Tool

The assembled phasers with lockouts and MyCal tuner with phaser bolts is $1119.96.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com...mbled-LockOut-Cam-Phaser-Set-%2d-Ford-3V.html

In my opinion that is not a very good deal. Even at $129 (if it is lockouts not limiters that you saw) for the lockouts alone is not a good price.

Before trying to bash me maybe YOU should check some details.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
thats the limiters you were looking at im pretty sure, the ones with the spring in them.

hes right i cant find lockouts on their site without phasers included

morrowstang95

forum member
Reaction score
They are not on there. BBR has then and a guy on ebay has them for like 40 bucks. Don't know how well they fit. I may even have a extra set or two. Lol

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
:bigbeer:
I never found the lockouts by themselves. Only the limiters.... Not sure that the kit comes with phasers, just the lockouts and the tuner. Per site:

Includes: MyCalibrator Tuner, Livernois Lockouts, OEM Quality Phaser Bolts, and Livernois Timing Chain Wedge Tool

The assembled phasers with lockouts and MyCal tuner with phaser bolts is $1119.96.

www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/Livernois-Motorsports-Assembled-LockOut-Cam-Phaser-Set-%252d-Ford-3V.html

In my opinion that is not a very good deal. Even at $129 (if it is lockouts not limiters that you saw) for the lockouts alone is not a good price.

Before trying to bash me maybe YOU should check some details.

You very well may be right. My bad :bigbeer:

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I already got mine @ that price, Lito, Amazon's delivery timelines are all messed up.

I was talking to the OP - he just needs the phasers and locks to get going.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I already got mine @ that price, Lito, Amazon's delivery timelines are all messed up.

I was talking to the OP - he just needs the phasers and locks to get going.
I actually have that timing kit already, just could not find the lockouts I bought before the house fire. I bought the set from BBR and have them.

Last edited:
Back