Yikes!!! little cams did help

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well I am surpised as hell. I just saw a minimal difference at the 1/8 mile track and wasn't expecting what I got at the 1/4 mile

I am #156

Attachments

• 11-08-09.jpg
    11-08-09.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 206

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
comp 127200's. If you are gonna get cams, get something BIG!!! even if they are NSR, get the mother thumpers are HotRod cams. I'm not disappointed, just not as happy as I want to be

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i have the same cams and im at 109mph at 12.61...do you have a custom tune for these yet?

I've got a TCI 3000 stall that I will be putting in sometime in the next few weeks. THen will save my money for an aluminum d/s... How much time did you pick up witht he drive shaft

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yup cams make a big differnce... cant wait to put my combo together after I go 11s on a stock long block

Congrats on the new time :)

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I've got a TCI 3000 stall that I will be putting in sometime in the next few weeks. THen will save my money for an aluminum d/s... How much time did you pick up witht he drive shaft

very hard to tell since i put in the 6060, k member, a arms, rear suspension and the shaft all in at once...but im disappointed in 109mph so im goin to the dyno to see if this brenspeed tune is actually good or not..

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
Dude, from what I've seen with NSR cams they don't fair much better than 12.5 for most people. You were already close to that before the cams.

IMO, the cams give other people the chance to make up for a lack of driver mod or traction were as your setup was already dialed in. Who knows, NSR's could be capable of more with some fine tuning of your suspension. Keep at it.

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
I have the 127200's and I did get HP and a lower et BUT when you tell people you have cams and can't hear them you fell stupid.IMO.If you don't want to change your springs go with the HotRods.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
why would you expect to pick up a lot from cams without a tune?

you tell me why I shouldn't expect to pick up a lot. to me .2x is a lot. And remember I said I was not unhappy, I just want to be happier. In all actuallity the cams did what they were advertised to do.......so I am happy, not as happy as I would like, but I am happy :thumb:

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude, from what I've seen with NSR cams they don't fair much better than 12.5 for most people. You were already close to that before the cams.

IMO, the cams give other people the chance to make up for a lack of driver mod or traction were as your setup was already dialed in. Who knows, NSR's could be capable of more with some fine tuning of your suspension. Keep at it.

Help me understand the point you are trying to make....are you saying I got NSR cams because I am a bad driver and need a crutch? and no I wasn't anywhere near 12.5, 12.721 on a low 60 degree day is a far cry from 12.504 on a mid 70 degree day. Have you not noticed how much better your car runs on a cooler day, so if I can make the same power when its not cooler, I say there has been some performance gains. Having an auto with no t/c I don't see where suspension mods would give me .2+ drop in my 1/4 mile et.

I am open to suggestions so let me know what you have in mind, other than I t/c converter cause I already know that.

Thanks,
Terry

06GTMustang89

Corner Carver
Reaction score
I have the 127200's and I did get HP and a lower et BUT when you tell people you have cams and can't hear them you fell stupid.IMO.If you don't want to change your springs go with the HotRods.

from your mph and my mph of 109 (your 110) they do make the power...you also have to consider a lot too tire size, type, suspension and all that crap...terry for an auto 108.xx is good..what was yoru previous best mph? All im saying is the power with the NSR cams are there...its fine tuning a setup to get the ET we all want...i ran a 12.61 with a 1.8 60' at 109mph...my stiff wall (POS) M&H's are 28" tall and i wasn't able to launch it over 4K cuz of spin...even with the tires at 14psi. If i could get the 60' down to say 1.65 with the MT ET streets 26x11.5x15 that im going to get...then were talkin easy low 12's...so its there just a matter of what your setup is and what weather is like at the track...and the track itself. I always run slower at the track i was at compared to Rockingham...

Next week i will be getting on the dyno to see if Fastlane can get more out of the tune i already have...and i can almost gurantee they will be able to because i had skinnies and the PS delete belt and i was at 109mph i should have been around 111 or 112 with everything done...so im thinking a custom dyno tune will be in order..

Though im waiting till matt d gets on the dyno with the new 101 mm intake from JLT to see if he gains anything..then go from there

Last edited:

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yup cams make a big differnce... cant wait to put my combo together after I go 11s on a stock long block

Congrats on the new time :)

Matt if you're .02 seconds away from an 11 second slip, just continue with the upgrades. I see no reason to wait....

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
you tell me why I shouldn't expect to pick up a lot. to me .2x is a lot. And remember I said I was not unhappy, I just want to be happier. In all actuallity the cams did what they were advertised to do.......so I am happy, not as happy as I would like, but I am happy :thumb:

well thats what i meant. there is some more to be had with a tune.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
I'm at 12.4 @ 110 with the mutha thumpers. I still have some more left in the susp. tuning. Not gonna find out what it will do before the next round of changes though :naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back