Yikes!!! little cams did help

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Au contraire my friend, I am by no means mad...lol. I was a little disapponted at the 1/8, but not after 1/4 mile. I have also found a few new things, raised my rev limiter to 7k, set shift points to 6.7k. Have found out that the power has moved up the rpm range a bit and actually feels like it pulls on up to 6.5k or a bit more. But thats just the butt dyno. WIll do some pulls next week to find out exactly where I am and what's happening with a/f.
will also get them to data log my injector duty cycle is at. I have an older lap top that I thought would still boot up......not so. and my new laptop is 64 bit and live link won't run 64 bit.....Oh well will just wait til next week and see what's happnin

How did you set the shift points? My tuner has it my MPH not RPM?
DO I need to ask doug to set it differently?

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How did you set the shift points? My tuner has it my MPH not RPM?
DO I need to ask doug to set it differently?

THis is the very thing I HATE about the sct flasher, I have street tires that are 29 1/2 tall to help on the highway with my 4.10 gear and I have 275/40/17 DR's (26" tall) when I go to the track. When i change the mph with tire revs, it messes with my shift points which are like yours, set by mph. so what I do is sometimes I let the car shift into second and third, thin I take over and sometiems I do all the shifting. Getting better about not bumping into the rev limiter.........lol.

The answer to your question is, I am working on doing all the shifting myself.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice work so far Terry! I really need to get my ass out there and check out your car for a change. Plus, I keep on telling Doc I'll make it, and never do. I'm a bad person. I'm hoping Kennedale or Denton is a possibility for Friday because I'll be staying over there in the area in Ft. Worth for the weekend.

MotorcityMustang

Reaction score
29.5 w/ 4.10s? Everybody seems to be afraid of some rpm. I used to run 4.56s w/ 28" tires (street and strip) in my Fox platform stuff (granted it was carbed). NA guys should be running some serious gear. Especially since these cars seem to all run a fairly tall tire to fill the wheel well. Y'all know cars used to not have OD and we still ran deep gears. ;)

Run a taller tire at the strip and put a 4.56 gear in the thing.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
THis is the very thing I HATE about the sct flasher, I have street tires that are 29 1/2 tall to help on the highway with my 4.10 gear and I have 275/40/17 DR's (26" tall) when I go to the track. When i change the mph with tire revs, it messes with my shift points which are like yours, set by mph. so what I do is sometimes I let the car shift into second and third, thin I take over and sometiems I do all the shifting. Getting better about not bumping into the rev limiter.........lol.

The answer to your question is, I am working on doing all the shifting myself.

29.5 w/ 4.10s? Everybody seems to be afraid of some rpm. I used to run 4.56s w/ 28" tires (street and strip) in my Fox platform stuff (granted it was carbed). NA guys should be running some serious gear. Especially since these cars seem to all run a fairly tall tire to fill the wheel well. Y'all know cars used to not have OD and we still ran deep gears. ;)

Run a taller tire at the strip and put a 4.56 gear in the thing.

Reread my post, I run a 26" tall tire at the track, 29 1/2 is for the street, don't mind running high r's at the track, but not so much on the street. I remember the no "O Drive" days, I'm 52.......lol

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
26 inch tire with a 4.10 still is not enough.

4.30 with a 26 inch is about perfect. I cross right around 6300

4.56 with a 28 would work well too

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back