ZAINO'd!!!!!!!!

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Took about 6 hours total but well worth it! some pics a buddy of mine took of the car when we were all finished.

Washed with dawn, claybar, two coats of z5, one coat of z2, and z6 inbetween each coat of polish!!! I am a believer!!!

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture019-1.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture039-1.jpg

Picture038-1.jpg

Picture037-1.jpg

big-j

Reaction score
danm that looks good i love them rims im gettin readdy to use nu finish scratch doctor and nu finish polish on mine

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
danm that looks good i love them rims im gettin readdy to use nu finish scratch doctor and nu finish polish on mine

I'd suggest something else unless you've already bought it. Nu Finish Sucks!!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I'd suggest something else unless you've already bought it. Nu Finish Sucks!!

I bought a tube of the Nu Finish scratch remover and that stuff is awesome. It will remove light scratches with ease and you never know they were there. I then used the Nu Finish polish and the car looks great.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks awesome Vinny

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!! I just did my car the other day again with Zaino and love it. Have to get another bottle of spray Z6 though.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I bought a tube of the Nu Finish scratch remover and that stuff is awesome. It will remove light scratches with ease and you never know they were there. I then used the Nu Finish polish and the car looks great.

The scratch remover works fine in a pinch, but the "polish" is a joke. First of all it's billed as a sealant and applied as a sealant, but it's called a polish. It's proven that it doesn't have near the lasting power of off the shelf sealants or even waxes, it's a gimmick to say it's a once a year polish. Nothing is a once a year "polish" because a polish is used when the surface of the clear coat has micro scratching or swirling so how can it say you only need to "polish" you car once a year, when in fact depending on the care of the car it may need to be polished every month or not even every 2 years.

They should have called it a once a year sealant, but then that wouldn't work either since it doesn't last that long as a sealant under normal conditions and washing either.

And on a personal note. I had to do a detail on a 94 ranger about 2 weeks ago for my dad (he was going to sell it) and I somehow (and I really don't know how, lol) had a brand new bottle of it laying around. So, I figured since It was just to shine it up for the sale I'd give it a try on this mega neglected car. I did one quarter panel and said fuck it and threw it in the tub with the rest of the shit that I'll never use. Finished it off with some wet diamond and it's looking sharp. (he didn't sell it, long story)

OP, Love the depth you got out of your car, very nice and rich looking. The time you spent on that job isn't that long for those results IMHO. I spend about 6 hours on a car just buffing it before the wax or sealant is applied if it's just moderately neglected.

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
The scratch remover works fine in a pinch, but the "polish" is a joke. First of all it's billed as a sealant and applied as a sealant, but it's called a polish. It's proven that it doesn't have near the lasting power of off the shelf sealants or even waxes, it's a gimmick to say it's a once a year polish. Nothing is a once a year "polish" because a polish is used when the surface of the clear coat has micro scratching or swirling so how can it say you only need to "polish" you car once a year, when in fact depending on the care of the car it may need to be polished every month or not even every 2 years.

They should have called it a once a year sealant, but then that wouldn't work either since it doesn't last that long as a sealant under normal conditions and washing either.

And on a personal note. I had to do a detail on a 94 ranger about 2 weeks ago for my dad (he was going to sell it) and I somehow (and I really don't know how, lol) had a brand new bottle of it laying around. So, I figured since It was just to shine it up for the sale I'd give it a try on this mega neglected car. I did one quarter panel and said fuck it and threw it in the tub with the rest of the shit that I'll never use. Finished it off with some wet diamond and it's looking sharp. (he didn't sell it, long story)

OP, Love the depth you got out of your car, very nice and rich looking. The time you spent on that job isn't that long for those results IMHO. I spend about 6 hours on a car just buffing it before the wax or sealant is applied if it's just moderately neglected.

It wasnt just me working on it... I had one of my buddies help after I washed the car myself. The car really wasnt in terrible shape before (used collinite previously, and I have a porter cable). I showed the car two weeks ago and was not happy with the finished product, especially in the sun, so I wanted to see what the fuss was all about with the zaino product. I have had my car professionally detailed, and I've porter cabled it myself; I have NEVER gotten results like this.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
I then used the Nu Finish polish and the car looks great.

Man, that stuff is almost all silicone, it won't wash out of your towels, and transfers itself to all the other cars using the same ones. Can't paint over it,
if you were to have an accident.
For a good all-in-one product, try megs. NXT2.0

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
Car turned out great. Man like I have always side I love black cars for other people because there is no way I would have the time to keep it looking good. Your car looks like its wet, I love it.

bullitt 736

Reaction score

++1.

As long as you're using good product, the prep is what does it. Six hours is just getting started. The car looks great.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man, that stuff is almost all silicone, it won't wash out of your towels, and transfers itself to all the other cars using the same ones. Can't paint over it,

It will wash out, you need to use Dawn Dish soap, it's pH will break down anything. I used Zano Bros stuff for years, best product ever. I have not been able to find anything comprable.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

It will wash out if you use a citrus based cleaner. But the stuff is some crap, anyway.

You should never use anything with any fragrance or fabric softners in it to wash your MFs with. That sounds like your problem if they are streaking your cars. I use All or Tide "Free" so it doesn't have any fragrance or softeners in it, Works great. And I wash a lot of MFs, lol

NXT 2.0 is an excellent off the shelf sealant (not wax like it says), but it's not hardly in the "all in one" catagory. Klasse AIO is pretty sweet though.

The NXT or the Black Diamond are going to last longer then the Zanio, but no way you can get that kind of depth out of them unless you put on some wax on top of them. You can get that shine with the Black Diamond, but that depth is awesome!!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Car looks great, nice and shiny.

Just one thing, you don't want to use dish washing soap on your car. The stuff in it attacks the paint. I use to sale car wax at one time. For a long time I would only use water and a rag to wash my car.

Ed

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
how does dish detergent attack the paint? As far as I know, it strips the wax, thats why i wouldnt use it normally. but before you are gonna wax it, thats exactly what id use. Gets off the old wax so you dont get a buildup.

Back