05-09 My Color Gauge Cluster & Buttons/SHR 1/4 Window Louvers

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the SHR Louvers but how far gone would you say they are? Will thinner take off the current coat or just a lot of sanding?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the SHR Louvers but how far gone would you say they are? Will thinner take off the current coat or just a lot of sanding?

Would think you'd need to be careful using any kind of chemical to avoid getting it on the portion you view out of.

duggyb

Parts For Sale Lurker....
Reaction score

Would think you'd need to be careful using any kind of chemical to avoid getting it on the portion you view out of.

I think sanding would be your best bet, viewing area is still in nice shape. and overall they are good. no chips are nicks. just rough texture paint.

I think the price reflects the work they need. $50 SHIPPED! lets move these today please. Keep in mind the shipping is costing me $26

Thanks
Dustin

Last edited:

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any decent paint guy can make those louvers legit without much work. Bump for a hell of a deal... If I didn't have them already, they would of been mine...

stoneblue

Reaction score
Louvers ever installed in a car, and do you have the instalation kit? And is the rough texture coat on both sides.

Last edited:

duggyb

Reaction score
Louvers ever installed in a car, and do you have the instalation kit? And is the rough texture coat on both sides.

yes louvers were installed when i bought the car. then professionally removed. i never did like the SHR louvers myself.

rough texture is just the one side. these can be cleaned up guys!

Thanks
Dustin

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cluster will not be that mileage once in the car. It will be what your car actually has stored in the computer. And will most likely have to be programmed by the dealer

duggyb

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the cluster will not be that mileage once in the car. It will be what your car actually has stored in the computer. And will most likely have to be programmed by the dealer

Sorry this is incorrect.

The Mileage that is displayed in the cluster is whats been stored in the cluster.

What your ECM has for mileage can only be read from the dealer. The cluster does not pull the mileage from the ECM.

Also LOUVERS ARE SOLD!

Thanks
Dustin

duggyb

Reaction score
LOUVERS ARE BACK UP for sale. if they dont sell im probably going to throw them out. the $20 im actually making on them is hardly worth my time to drive and ship them and keep getting pm's on them asking if they are fixable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back