1/4 mile times

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm going back to the track in about a month. Last time I ran I got a 13.39 @104 in my 06 auto with catted x pipe, axle back, and JLT CAI/tune. Tomorrow I am installing a BMR radiator support/sway bar delete which is said to knock off 26.5 lbs. off the front and switching to the off road x pipe, and taking out my spare tire and jack. I would love to hit 13.20's with the above....what do you guys think. Also I am one of those guys looking for 12's with the 3:31 gears. I don't have a drive shaft, UDP's, or delete plates yet, what do you think my chances are? Thanks Bob

kleistang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i belive u should be able to run better times. i ran 13.0 with just my intake tune and some suspession mods

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You also live near sea level, Kleistang, which makes a difference.

I'd say you should be able to do it. Definitely 13.2x anyways. UPD and CMDP's, and LCA's should get you real close to 12's and be under $500.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CMDPs cause you to lose a lot of low end torque in exchange for more power on the top end and it's generally not recommended that you do the CMDPs without gearing the rear, so that may actually impede your progress toward your goal of running 13.2 on stock gears.

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I noticed no torque loss when installing the CMDPs. I added off road h and CMDPs at the same time. I gained 18 rwhp and about 12 ft/lbs torque. Comparing the 2 graphs, there's no point where the torque is lower after install than before, and it did gain low range torque too.

Now I don't have a comparison of just the CMDPs, but off road H's don't add much torque, so the gain wasn't just from the off road h.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CMDPs cause you to lose a lot of low end torque in exchange for more power on the top end and it's generally not recommended that you do the CMDPs without gearing the rear, so that may actually impede your progress toward your goal of running 13.2 on stock gears.
I have not experienced no Low end Torque Loss with CMDP, I gained Mid torque and an extra 2mph through the trap.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to see where I am with the rad support and spare tire and jack out on a cold day. From there I'll get a driveshaft and see what happens.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm going to see where I am with the rad support and spare tire and jack out on a cold day. From there I'll get a driveshaft and see what happens.
I'd be looking at a TC before a DS. :2cents:

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love that but I was thinking I could probably get a DS for not much more than a TC and I can do it myself. Plus with only 4000 miles I am not ready to have the car apart...yet, just seeing how far I can go with the easy moderate mods before I get into gears, TC, and engine mods if that makes any sense.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...with only 4000 miles...

:furious: Damn, you have less miles on the car than lostsoul does. You'll never make the Ghoul-Pool that way. j/k about the GP part

Don's prolly right. Make sure the tranny/TC is working fine before throwing the DS at it.

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I noticed no torque loss when installing the CMDPs. I added off road h and CMDPs at the same time. I gained 18 rwhp and about 12 ft/lbs torque. Comparing the 2 graphs, there's no point where the torque is lower after install than before, and it did gain low range torque too.

Now I don't have a comparison of just the CMDPs, but off road H's don't add much torque, so the gain wasn't just from the off road h.

The people have spoken, I stand corrected. Mind sharing which CMDPs you had? I want to do this mod soon.

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the economy plates. The billet plates may reduce torque in NA applications, because they are larger than stock. The economy ones just delete the butterflies.

Also make sure you get your tune from someone who knows how to tune for the things. Bamachips and Brenspeed both do a good job with them.

DarkFireGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
M&H's are too tall for 3.31's and basic bolt on's. Just got rid of mine for that reason. M/T for anything under 4.10, unless there's FI in the mix.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back