1994 Mustang GT money pit I mean project

Discussion in 'All Non-S197 Media' started by joe_momma, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

An Explorer intake, even if the lower is ported by Tmoss, won't get you anywhere near 350rwhp but you'll certainly have at least 350 at the crank plus plenty of midrange torque to make the car a lot of fun. I'd suggest you go for the Holley Systemax II if you're aiming towards 350rwhp or 400 at the crank, and especially if you're planning a stroker in the future as that'll demand more airflow.
    For a stroker build, you could consider getting a Dart block based 363 short block and swapping over the HCI from your existing 302.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  2. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Two things..

1.) If you decide to look for a Holley SysteMAX II realize that Holley made a SysteMAX and a SysteMAX II. The SysteMAX was slightly better than the OEM intake, but not enough to sell in significant numbers. They pop up on eBay every once and a while. The SysteMAX II is the top dog in EFI 5.0 intakes.

2.) I have a SysteMAX II that was gently used and not modified that I'm all but positive I will be selling in about 2-3 weeks. If I do decide to sell it and you are interested, I will give you first crack at it.

Dino Dino Bambino likes this.
  3. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Thanks lads. Since I already have the Explorer intake, I'll likely need to run with that for the time being. Down the road I'll look into replacing it.

4. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Picked up the hood and spoiler last night. The hood is fiberglass, and in great shape from what I can tell. All of the mounting studs were present and in good shape. The latch location has seen some use, but I think it should be fine. I'm guessing my factory latch will work with this one? It looks like it has the "catch" on both sides. It is missing the vent screens, but that isn't a big deal. I can pick up a set for fairly cheap from LMR. It will need paint, obviously.
    Hood:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vent:
    [​IMG]
    Latch:
    [​IMG]

Factory hood/latch:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Spoiler needs paint, but looks OK from what I can see. The janky parts are underneath and won't be seen. I'll need some new 3M tape and mounting bolts, unless my factory bolts will work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has anyone used the rattlecan factory paint? I'd like to get the spoiler on sooner rather than later if possible. I still need to get a front bumper cover and new headlights/foglights. I won't paint until I have both pieces in hand.

5. golkhl

golkhl forum member

Rattle can the spoiler black for now…..

6. 07gts197

07gts197 forum member

I’ve used the dupli color paint with pretty good results. Just like any other paint it’s all in the prep work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

The thought did cross my mind ;)

I've actually ordered a kit from Touch Up Zone with rattle cans of primer, base, and clear. I need to get some 1/4-20 bolts to go along with the 3M tape I have ordered. I'll likely start prep work on the spoiler this weekend.

8. tjm73

tjm73 of Omicron Persei 8 S197 Team Member

Ford white paints are particularly hard to match. Make sure you get something that is made to match the OEM paint code. White is not just white with Ford.

I've used these guys for small bottles of touch up with very good results.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_matched.aspx

9. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

Right on, went with their ZR (Crystal White) which later became Ultra White.

10. joe_momma

joe_momma forum member

The 4 inserts in the spoiler are all OK with the exception of one - it just turns and I can't get the screws (1/4-20) to tighten. I ordered some Loctite quick epoxy to hopefully remedy that situation. I'm going after work today to pick up some sandpaper and start prep work on the spoiler. The original two-sided tape is still there with the covering in place. I don't want to take a chance with it, so I'll be removing all of that I can and replacing it with new 3M tape. Although, with as hot as it is, not sure how much work I'll be getting done on it. Heat index values are at 100+ right now.

EDIT: I also ordered a Cobra front bumper cover.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.