2007 Mustang GT/CS New member ?'s

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I don't read much but there is a way to check if its a real CS or not, theres a check digit in the VIN, I believe its "82" near the front. That's how I know mine is a true CS. I'll inquiry more for ya

Also those seats are V6 seats, mostly everything else matches. My guess is there might be a collision on it's record and airbags deployed, and tore the seat cushions, and Ford wants an arm and a leg for the two-tone so they grabbed cheapo V6 seats from a junker and viola.

Last edited:

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
I don't read much but there is a way to check if its a real CS or not, theres a check digit in the VIN, I believe its "82" near the front. That's how I know mine is a true CS. I'll inquiry more for ya

Also those seats are V6 seats, mostly everything else matches. My guess is there might be a collision on it's record and airbags deployed, and tore the seat cushions, and Ford wants an arm and a leg for the two-tone so they grabbed cheapo V6 seats from a junker and viola.

Thanks Macman.

Nothing came up on the Carfax, but that means little these days.

The seats are 6 way power and heated. I'd love to find originals from a wreck and swap them out though...

Really appreciate the help! Phil

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
VIN with 82

Mine is 1ZVFT82H6... If thats the determining number... Thanks.

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Is the 82 the defining number for the CS?

Any help appreciated Macman!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Mine has the 82.

I don't think anyone would try to fake a CS. It just doesn't make sense. To me yours looks real except for the seats.

Ford Racing was selling the black "Bullitt" version of the wheel for about $150 each brand new. That might be a better option than powder coating your existing wheels. I'm of the opinion that the 18" polished CS wheels are some of the best looking factory wheels ever put on a car, but that's me.

This is my certificate, 82 in the vin.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Tasca has the wheels.

http://www.tascaparts.com/mustang/wheel-18-black-mustang/m-1007-s1885b/?parent=1104

Home Ford Racing Parts Wheels Mustang
WHEEL 18" BLACK MUSTANG

• List Price: $170.00
  • You Save: $26.25 (15% off)
  • Sale Price: $143.75
Add to Cart

Provide your VIN at checkout and we will verify this part fits before shipping

• Product ID: M-1007-S1885B

Shop with Confidence Your payment information is safe! Our store and checkout process are protected by encryption that exceeds industry standards.

Easy Returns Our Returns Policy makes returning a part as straightforward and easy as possible.

Friendly Support Do you have questions? Our team of parts professionals is ready to help by phone, email, and Live Chat.

Customers also bought:

Click to enlarge

Product Description

Fits: 2005-2014 Mustang GT, 2005-2014 Mustang V6
18" x 8.5" wide
5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
50 mm offset
6.82" backspacing
Black painted spokes with machined lip
Clear coated to OEM standards
Includes Mustang center cap M-1096-A

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info BruceH!

I have 18X10's in back, and they really feel great, so I have to see if they have them.

Want to find the seats, not sure if its just the covers that are different or the whole seat, but mine are 6 ways and pretty comfy, but I prefer that look of the CS and the drivers seat is getting a little tattered, looks like someone was getting in and out with a chain wallet or something, chewed up the outer, lower corner.

If its just covers, I see them for a decent price. Thanks again. Phil

Tasca has the wheels.

http://www.tascaparts.com/mustang/wheel-18-black-mustang/m-1007-s1885b/?parent=1104

Home Ford Racing Parts Wheels Mustang
WHEEL 18" BLACK MUSTANG

• List Price: $170.00
  • You Save: $26.25 (15% off)
  • Sale Price: $143.75
Add to Cart

Provide your VIN at checkout and we will verify this part fits before shipping

Shop with Confidence Your payment information is safe! Our store and checkout process are protected by encryption that exceeds industry standards.

Easy Returns Our Returns Policy makes returning a part as straightforward and easy as possible.

Friendly Support Do you have questions? Our team of parts professionals is ready to help by phone, email, and Live Chat.

Customers also bought:

Click to enlarge

Product Description

Fits: 2005-2014 Mustang GT, 2005-2014 Mustang V6
18" x 8.5" wide
5-lug, 4.5" bolt circle
50 mm offset
6.82" backspacing
Black painted spokes with machined lip
Clear coated to OEM standards
Includes Mustang center cap M-1096-A

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
Where did you get that Cert? Looks like it came from Ford... Nice.

Mine has the 82.

I don't think anyone would try to fake a CS. It just doesn't make sense. To me yours looks real except for the seats.

Ford Racing was selling the black "Bullitt" version of the wheel for about $150 each brand new. That might be a better option than powder coating your existing wheels. I'm of the opinion that the 18" polished CS wheels are some of the best looking factory wheels ever put on a car, but that's me.

This is my certificate, 82 in the vin.

HeavyDuty

Reaction score
It might be worth taking talking to TMI about the seats. They can probably make what you need.

I'm not sure if the seats themselves match the original CS seats, if they are, I found original type upholstery, if not, I have to find a wreck and buy the whole interior.

Professor

forum member
Reaction score
Go to http://californiaspecial.com/2007-GTCS-identification.htm to properly identify.

Go to www.gtcsregistry.com for instructions on how to register the car.

You can phone Ford Performance with the VIN and they will verify if the car is a real GT/CS. They will also send you an official window sticker for around $40.

All had the same front bumper and side scoops as the Shelby GT.
All had the same rear bumper as the GT500 (with diffuser)
Stripes, hood scoop and spoiler were optional and or delete able.
All had 3.55 rear gears.
Each year was limited to only 5 specific colors.
All included the GT Premium equipment group.
Interiors were two tone (black/dove or black/parchment).
Stripes were only in black (except 2009 when white was an option).
All had the 18" polished Bullitt wheels.
All had rolled exhaust tips.
Beyond the gears, the upgrades were strictly cosmetic (had a fellow GT/CS owner tell me that it had GT500 throttle body, exhausts and intake (I guess the stock intake looks like an M123 blower to him ... I just politely nodded).
All had the GT500 front seats (except 2-tone)

The cars were originally a tribute to the 68 GT/CS. After 2009, they really lost the 68 cues.

If Ford really wanted to do the tribute better, all GT/CS would have a ducktail trunk and twist-lock hood pins. It's a nice appearance package though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back