2011-13 Leather Covers

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Those are IMO, a far cry from the $350 GT500 seat covers I was referring to. I just like the look and feel of the GT500 covers over those regular GT ones.

oh I was skimming, thought it was just leather mustang seat covers.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Just an update:

2011-12 seat covers will fit the 2013's with the exception of the front headrests. The headrest covers are too small to fit and will require either getting new ones made to match or finding a set of 2013 leather covers. I'll post up some pics when I can.

Chino

03 Mach 1 & 08 GT
Reaction score
Installing the seats is pretty straight forward I did it on my 08 with the Roush seats. Follow this video as it really helped me

http://www.motorz.tv/blog/2579/mustang-leather-interior/

The seat covers were ordered through Cunningham Ford's eBay store for $298 shipped and include new seat foams. They are in pristine shape when my buddy's arrived.

As I said earlier, the leather covers fit perfectly except for the front headrest. The 2011-12 have smaller, less bolstered headrests than the 13's. For my buddy's car, he opted to have new headrests made to match the covers white stitching and material.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
look for headrests from a convertible. my 12 vert has the same headrests as my 13 coupe.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
my vert was built 1/12 and my coupe was built 5/12, so it very well could be a possibility. or it's just that they went to the larger folding headrest in the verts before the coupes.

NeoTokyo

forum member
Reaction score
If anyone needs specific pics of seats I have a set of 12' GT Prem Seats sitting in my Daughters bedroom. :p

Just PM me if you need a pic, tell me what you need it of and I will post it in here.

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
If anyone needs specific pics of seats I have a set of 12' GT Prem Seats sitting in my Daughters bedroom. :p

Just PM me if you need a pic, tell me what you need it of and I will post it in here.

I'll buy the whole set. How
Much u want?

12okasai

Reaction score
Roush is out of stock as well.

Lance Cunningham Ford has an ebay store and I think the total for front and back oem covers with shipping is under $300.

I ordered these because of this post. Ordered them on a Saturday, had them the following Tuesday without paying for any special shipping. The shipped price was $298. They are factory leathers that were removed to install Roush covers. I say Roush because they came in a repacked Roush box. Put them on with the help of my wife. Now the car smells like new leather. :thumb2:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I ordered these because of this post. Ordered them on a Saturday, had them the following Tuesday without paying for any special shipping. The shipped price was $298. They are factory leathers that were removed to install Roush covers. I say Roush because they came in a repacked Roush box. Put them on with the help of my wife. Now the car smells like new leather. :thumb2:

Was the install hard? Anything special to do or know?

12okasai

Reaction score
Install was fairly easy. You will need hog ring pliers along with some new hog rings. I watched the video on pg.2 of this thread and it helped a lot. Take your time with the plastic on the side of the seats, they are expensive if you break any of the clips off. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I'll be installing these in my '05 this week. I'll post up some details when I get it done. I'll be doing the fronts first, then the rear later.

0e8f3648.jpg

DSargent09

Get iT!
Reaction score
I did this on my red mustang, and have the new ones sitting in the dining room awaiting install Tuesday... I will take pics

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Here are my '11 GT500 seat covers installed in my '05 GT. I haven't done the rear yet though. I'm not in a hurry to do those, so they'll be a winter job most likely.

I installed new GT500 foams as well. The lower foams aren't needed, as they're the same between the GT/GT500, but I replaced the drivers side anyway. The upper foams are different (slightly), so they're needed. My '05 already had seat airbags, so that was a non-issue. However, I see no reason why these wouldn't fit a car that doesn't have seat airbags. Overall it was a pretty straightforward job. Not too difficult, and only basic tools needed aside from hogring pliars and hogrings.

ff2ec177.jpg

f06c2493.jpg

dc5e6e29.jpg

b32f094d.jpg

350d27cb.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back