2012 Mustang GT Roush Stage 1

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
You'll definitely have to post it if you do the clear bra. I've never seen a whole car done with it. Wonder if waxes and polishes will stay permanent under the bra or if the sun will mess with it? Or if Swirls on the bra will become permanent? Lots of things to consider if you do the whole car.

Maybe Seer will chime in if he sees this.

keoni1984

Homicidal
Reaction score
Also, if your Roush mufflers are like mine, the tips clamp on an off. Something you can do in your garage or even the driveway in about 10 - 15 minutes if you just want to switch them out. You shouldn't even need to lift the car either.
This. I got tired of the square tip look on mine. Swapped 'em out for the round tips.. easy as cherry pie.
You'll definitely have to post it if you do the clear bra. I've never seen a whole car done with it. Wonder if waxes and polishes will stay permanent under the bra or if the sun will mess with it? Or if Swirls on the bra will become permanent? Lots of things to consider if you do the whole car.

Maybe Seer will chime in if he sees this.
Damn, I've never thought about a clear bra on the whole car. Now I'm really interested in this as well. I've never had one of those 3m clear bras before. I have no clue if you can wax/polish them. It would suck to spend that much coin just to have it make your car look all dull and hazy after a while.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
you can wax over and under a clear bra. The wax/sealant will go away though after time from under the clear bra. Most people just polish the surfaces to perfection since they won't be able to correct those areas without removal, then add the bra.

You can add a nano coating above a clear bra though.

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
you can wax over and under a clear bra. The wax/sealant will go away though after time from under the clear bra. Most people just polish the surfaces to perfection since they won't be able to correct those areas without removal, then add the bra.

You can add a nano coating above a clear bra though.

Hey Seer, thanks for the advice on the clear bra!

warpig12354

too slow
Reaction score
That's a bad ass first car! Just curious, about how much is your insurance every year? I'm 17 as well and wanted to upgrade to a GT (engine swap) but probably can't afford insurance... lol

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I had the front bumper, front part of the fenders and hood done in clear bra. Definitely a great investment. I am actually having it reinstalled tomorrow since I put a new bumper and fender on and will be watching how I take care of it better. It can scratch, and hold marks and swirls fairly easy, especially against a dark surface. Also, it can warp if touch it and put pressure on it. When I had the car at another shop they put their hands on the front edge of the hood and it completely warped it and created a bunch of bubbles.

My mom just had the whole front of her new car done with it, all the way to the doors and around the windshield. It looks amazing and completely unnoticeable since it is all wrapped around the panels.

Sure it is pretty expensive stuff, but it is worth it.

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
That's a bad ass first car! Just curious, about how much is your insurance every year? I'm 17 as well and wanted to upgrade to a GT (engine swap) but probably can't afford insurance... lol

Messaged you...

I had the front bumper, front part of the fenders and hood done in clear bra. Definitely a great investment. I am actually having it reinstalled tomorrow since I put a new bumper and fender on and will be watching how I take care of it better. It can scratch, and hold marks and swirls fairly easy, especially against a dark surface. Also, it can warp if touch it and put pressure on it. When I had the car at another shop they put their hands on the front edge of the hood and it completely warped it and created a bunch of bubbles.

My mom just had the whole front of her new car done with it, all the way to the doors and around the windshield. It looks amazing and completely unnoticeable since it is all wrapped around the panels.

Sure it is pretty expensive stuff, but it is worth it.

If you don't mind, how much did it cost just to have a clear bra installed in the front?

My buddy's detailer said he would give me a pretty hefty discount, but never really discussed an actual price, and am expecting it to still be pretty steep.

Oh, one more question...from your experience do you think it will protect the car from getting keyed or no?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
If you don't mind, how much did it cost just to have a clear bra installed in the front?

My buddy's detailer said he would give me a pretty hefty discount, but never really discussed an actual price, and am expecting it to still be pretty steep.

Oh, one more question...from your experience do you think it will protect the car from getting keyed or no?

My cost was a little under 1K for the front bumper, front of the hood and fenders, lights, but that was discounted. Most likely retails around $1400 I think.

Funny you mention the keying... the first clear bra I had was hacked up from a jackass keying my bumper. If you intentionally use a key like a knife it will most likely go through like it did in my case. The person did see the clearbra though and did something worse than trying to key it, he pulled up the shit and the bumper was impossible to repair. HOWEVER - last week someone backed into my car and it scuffed up and dented the fender and the clear bra completely protected the paint underneath (on the bumper). It was truely awesome and paid for itself there.

It is brutal for a nice car to be in college, so I am glad I got the stuff. I just wish I did the doors so they didn't get keyed.

Another thing is about insurance. When the car got keyed, Allstate had the bra covered, but the claim person I dealt with did not understand how much it cost. I brought them the car and she said, "how much is that wrap, um let me see, $150 should do it." I had to nudge a little while to get them to cover the full amount after a new bumper, paint, and wrap were added, when they just expected $150...

Last edited:

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
My cost was a little under 1K for the front bumper, front of the hood and fenders, lights, but that was discounted. Most likely retails around $1400 I think.

Funny you mention the keying... the first clear bra I had was hacked up from a jackass keying my bumper. If you intentionally use a key like a knife it will most likely go through like it did in my case. The person did see the clearbra though and did something worse than trying to key it, he pulled up the shit and the bumper was impossible to repair. HOWEVER - last week someone backed into my car and it scuffed up and dented the fender and the clear bra completely protected the paint underneath (on the bumper). It was truely awesome and paid for itself there.

It is brutal for a nice car to be in college, so I am glad I got the stuff. I just wish I did the doors so they didn't get keyed.

Another thing is about insurance. When the car got keyed, Allstate had the bra covered, but the claim person I dealt with did not understand how much it cost. I brought them the car and she said, "how much is that wrap, um let me see, $150 should do it." I had to nudge a little while to get them to cover the full amount after a new bumper, paint, and wrap were added, when they just expected $150...

Damn, that person went through the trouble of keying then lifting the clear bra of your car? It's a shame people's lack of respect for other people's processions lately; sorry for what that a**hole did to your car man.

Ha, I wish the clear bra cost $150...did you ever get it repaired?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I had it repaired after that and now that it was damaged again, I am having it repaired again. It is being installed today.

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
Way to go on saving for what you really want. Congratulations to you on a great first ride.

Thanks man! I mean from a more realistic stand point...it's not the best investment to be spending a majority of your money on at such a young age...but there's also pros! Lessons to learn from I guess. It's oh-so worth it though!

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for all the pictures...I just thought this was a really nice shot. Enjoy...

Raining.jpg

GearHead5Point0

forum member
Reaction score
Looks/sounds great! You need a new camera man though lol

Yeah sorry about that, I have a good camera that I usually use to take pictures of the car...but I didn't have it on hand so I just used the iPhone camera...sorry!

Looks great man! Boost is needed

Oh, I wish man! That's something I plan after college; I just have enough to cover the monthly payments, and if something goes wrong with the added power, I don't want it to financially to fall on the shoulders of my parents.

In the near future it'll get boosted though:thumb:

That is the strangest reflection coming from the center section of you bumper. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on there. LOL

The muffler tips do look good there.

Haha, that's just some trees behind me. Thanks though!

Thanks! I like them too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back