2013 GT Clutch Issues

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Its this simple: Follow my write up, enjoy the car, smile all day.

BPatterson

forum member
Reaction score
The JHR clutch line isn't the fix it all that everyone believes it to be. I have it, plus removed the spring, as well as Motul Dot 5 fluid. I also run a Boss IM and stock GT clutch. WOT runs causes the clutch to stick to the floor.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
The ONLY fix is a big boy clutch. But removing the spring helps a great deal when using the stock clutch.

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
By removing the spring, the stock one won't get stuck, but I have noticed that it still came up slower than it should have. With the spring, it flat out gave up and stayed on the floor.

My fix was a Tremec Magnum XL and an RXT... LOL. Not the cheapest fix, but fuck it, go big right?

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
By removing the spring, the stock one won't get stuck, but I have noticed that it still came up slower than it should have. With the spring, it flat out gave up and stayed on the floor.

My fix was a Tremec Magnum XL and an RXT... LOL. Not the cheapest fix, but fuck it, go big right?

Explain to me how this clutch pedal is getting stuck to the floor..... I've read over all of these stories about this but with the way a hydraulic system works it doesn't make sense that it would just stay pinned to the floor, assist spring or no spring.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Have you eve been on the graviton? I think that's the best way to describe whats going on in there. lol.

The return effort is only so much, and it comes back a bit slower than it should at high RPM shifts. The assist spring helps push it down to the floor, and therefore makes it return even slower on its way back up.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Have you eve been on the graviton? I think that's the best way to describe whats going on in there. lol.

The return effort is only so much, and it comes back a bit slower than it should at high RPM shifts. The assist spring helps push it down to the floor, and therefore makes it return even slower on its way back up.

That's all fine and well but rpm of the engine shouldn't be a factor on the return pressure to push the clutch pedal back to the top. The force on the clutch pedal is the force to move the pressure plate transferred hydraulically via the master cylinder and the slave cylinder. The only factors I could see affecting that "feel" would be pressure plate force requirements, flex in the hosing between the master and slave, leaks, and that assist spring.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I don't know the scientific reason. But I can tell you it does it all the damn time and it sucks. Never felt a clutch do this before and I have drove a fair share.

forty74

Reaction score
I got the same problem with my 12 gt will be trying spring removal ,i'm tired of short shifting into fourth

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
One thing I can add about removing the helper spring is that you can "feel" the clutch grabbing as you let it out. It also feels more consistent with where the clutch engages. However, it's still not 100%.

Like others have said the real fix is the pressure plate.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Maybe already been asked...is there a TSB on this. i know no one wants a tech flogging their car, but he/she could ride along. but i guess they will have 2 verify tho.
my whipple makes issue much worse.

djniknala

forum member
Reaction score
Explain this statement.

Weak fingers on the pressure plate won't let the clutch disengage at high rpm. If you were to put the boss and gt pressure plate next to each other you would see the beefier fingers on the boss.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Weak fingers on the pressure plate won't let the clutch disengage at high rpm. If you were to put the boss and gt pressure plate next to each other you would see the beefier fingers on the boss.

Explain the correlation though between these fingers and engine speed please.

djniknala

forum member
Reaction score
Explain the correlation though between these fingers and engine speed please.

More speed=more angular momentum so it takes more force to push them in to disengage the clutch. These fingers have less meat to them so they bend rather than staying straight resulting in the clutch not releasing.

Disclaimer: This is speculation and I have no real world data other than personal experience. IE: I installed a Boss clutch and the car will now shift at high rpm.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
More speed=more angular momentum so it takes more force to push them in to disengage the clutch. These fingers have less meat to them so they bend rather than staying straight resulting in the clutch not releasing.

Disclaimer: This is speculation and I have no real world data other than personal experience. IE: I installed a Boss clutch and the car will now shift at high rpm.

But if it returns the pedal back to the top eventually I can't see this being the causation if the problem. If they bent then the clutch wouldn't be able to disengage.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
I have been paying attention to this more lately....It happens damn near 100% of the time on high engine rpm (6500-7000). May happen sooner tho. I think there may be a hobbit up by the firewall holding the pedal down. It does eventually come back up but sssslllloooooowwww. And forget trying to get another gear. I need no help driving my car like a dumb-ass.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back