2013 GT Clutch Issues

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Haha I'm just trying to figure out what could be causing this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

djniknala

forum member
Reaction score
Most people see the problem go away when they replace the stock clutch so.........

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Seeing as I haven't had the opportunity to do a 5.0 clutch swap, can someone briefly describe the process? I guess what I mean to say is what all gets touched. Does the hydro side need bled?

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Seeing as I haven't had the opportunity to do a 5.0 clutch swap, can someone briefly describe the process? I guess what I mean to say is what all gets touched. Does the hydro side need bled?

Yes it does. The clutch hydraulic line goes through the bellhousing which is integral with the transmission. When you pull the trans the clutch line has to be disconnected, though it's a good opportunity to add a stainless line anyway.

Driveshaft, shifter, exhaust midpipe, crossmember, clutch line, electrical connectors, transmission, clutch.

Last edited:

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
The dealer was able to perform the free change to full synthetic. Good.

The dealer was not able to understand, apparently, when I explained to him the no-shift problem in detail. The dealer seemed quite pleased to announce even he had learned something from his research this morning: my car is equipped with a "Skip Shift" feature that bypasses second and third gears. He couldn't accept my "not on 2013 models", repeating and pointing to a printout of 308-03A-2, a description of the operation of the MT82 transmission. "It's the latest information..." he insisted. "Not on the 13s" I said. He repeated and re-pointed. I gave up. No point in showing him up a fool in front of the office staff.

I was correct, wasn't I? I haven't yet looked up where I learned this from. Is there Ford information to the effect that the Skip Shift was discontinued before the 13s came on the market?

Thanks in advance for any substantial assistance to bludgeon the dealer with.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
my '13 has it and was turned off when tuning. i do miss gears slightly less. overall cannot tell a whole bunch of diff.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Sounds like they removed the solenoid in 2013...or at least on the track pack cars. I found a couple of pics of where the harness/solenoid is if equipped. Will check mine 2moro. Wonder why u can still toggle off/on in the tune (SCT)? This is also probably why I saw no major diff. in shifting. (2) reasons.... (1)..I suk at shifting anything but a tri-cycle...or... (2) the stinkin skip shift does not exist!! I will take both reasons. Education happens in the dang-dest places.

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
Thanks.

I have found a statement that one user read about skip shift in the 2012 Owners Guide and couldn't find it in the 2013 Guide.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Skip-Shift WAS ELIMINATED for the 2013s... Idk why y'all people keep talking like its there. It's not. Ford even said it themselves.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if I'm experiencing the same issues that this topic is aimed at?

Lately I have noticed that my clutch has been grabbing damn near the top during normal daily driving. Not to a point that its slipping by any means but it's right at the top.

After hard runs up to 6500+, my clutch does something pretty weird. It doesn't get stuck to the floor at all but the point at which the clutch grabs engages switches from from the very top, to the very bottom. This happens ONLY after hard pulls.

As an example. If I do a second gear pull and then clutch coast it to a stop sign, when I pull away in first gear, the clutch grabs less than a inch off the floor. Sometimes it damn near stalls on me when trying to start out in first after doing this.

Shifts like butter other than what I have stated above.

2500 miles
Stock shifter
Stock rear mount
MTG fluid
Mods in sig

This just started happening today.

What does this sound like?

Nick

Last edited:

djniknala

forum member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me if I'm experiencing the same issues that this topic is aimed at?

Lately I have noticed that my clutch has been grabbing damn near the top during normal daily driving. Not to a point that its slipping by any means but it's right at the top.

After hard runs up to 6500+, my clutch does something pretty weird. It doesn't get stuck to the floor at all but the point at which the clutch grabs engages switches from from the very top, to the very bottom. This happens ONLY after hard pulls.

As an example. If I do a second gear pull and then clutch coast it to a stop sign, when I pull away in first gear, the clutch grabs less than a inch off the floor. Sometimes it damn near stalls on me when trying to start out in first after doing this.

2500 miles
Stock shifter
Stock rear mount
MTG fluid
Mods in sig

Nick

Try this: after it happens pump the clutch pedal 20 times and see if the engagement point moves back towards the top. What you are trying to do is pump some of the boiling fluid fluid out and away from the slave cylinder. If this is the case your issue should be helped greatly by changing to a higher boiling point fluid.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Skip-Shift WAS ELIMINATED for the 2013s... Idk why y'all people keep talking like its there. It's not. Ford even said it themselves.

cuz i guess u are just awesomer than everyone else. evidently a few people just found this out. IDK why that is so difficult 2 understand.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score

2500 miles
Stock shifter
Stock rear mount
MTG fluid
Mods in sig

Nick

Why are you riding the clutch to a complete stop...

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
Please point out where I say that I " ride my clutch" to a complete stop.

I think you meant to put put "clutch, coast to a stop" instead of "clutch coast it to a stop". Punctuation is the key to communicating effectively through writing. Grammar grammar grammar fellas.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
I think what the real issue is. Is that some people don't know what "clutch coasting" is. It's "coasting" with the "clutch" depressed while still in gear. People do it every day and probraly don't even realize it.

Either way, I don't see how it could be miss understood with riding the clutch.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I think what the real issue is. Is that some people don't know what "clutch coasting" is. It's "coasting" with the "clutch" depressed while still in gear. People do it every day and probraly don't even realize it.

Either way, I don't see how it could be miss understood with riding the clutch.

Ok. You're still "riding" the clutch when you don't need to. Riding the clutch IMO is engaging the clutch when it's not ness ovary. You could simply put it in neutral and cause less wear on the clutch...

Back