2014 gt leak

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I looked and I found nothing on the 5.0s. I'm not sure if I just didn't think of the right thing to search or what. My passenger side quarter panel is holding water. I have no idea where its coming from. Does anyone know what it could be? Anyone had this issue?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
You need to be more specific. How do you know it is 'holding water'? Where is this water? Is it dripping on the ground? Is it dripping into the passenger floorboard area inside the cabin?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Water is running down the right side inside the trunk. By the little vent. I know its in the quarter because it sounds like someone is shaking a galon of water in it. It's not the fuel tank since the car is on 10 miles to empty. So I'm wondering if it could be that there is a leak behind the tail light? No visible moisture in the spare tire area or the drivers side. The trunk lid is dry as a bone on the bottom side so I assume that it can't be a leak through the wing bolt holes. So it seems like it would be the tail light or maybe a seam in the body around the tail light area. Odd thing is that it's never done this before. I wash it constantly. It's been in rain plenty of other times and never happened.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue on a 2005 GT. Water building up in the recess of the quarter panels in the trunk. Sometimes in the spare tire well. I removed all of the sound insulation that I had installed. Found a few small cracks in the trunk floor near each quarter and sealed the entire trunk floor... recesses and sides. Water is still getting in somewhere. Trunk lid and sides on the quarters are dry. Scratching my head on this one.

SYNY5TER

Reaction score
try to find the crack and use some silicone glue to seal it up. My old 06 had a problem on the passenger front side and there would be leaks on my fuse box -_-

frank s

at Play
Reaction score
Quite a few warranty repairs by dealers reported on other forums. Must have been a series of incompletely-sealed right rear quarters.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. I read that the other day but could not find anything that looked out of whack. Has anyone seen a picture or a documented case of what to look for?

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Quite a few warranty repairs by dealers reported on other forums. Must have been a series of incompletely-sealed right rear quarters.

Any links to those forums? That would be awesome since I don't go to any others.

Mo@NoLimit

Throttle Tickler
Reaction score
I get water in my trunk well after a good wash too. Has anyone found a solution or a DIY. I would hate to bring my car in to Ford for this.

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Mine was leaking due to a crack in the seam sealer between the quarter panel and trunk.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Frank s.... that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
So I carried my car to a dealership last week. They called and said that it was indeed a leak inside the wheel well. The seam between the quarter and wheel tub had a crack in it. They dried the area out and sealed it with new sealant. No leaking yet but downside is my car smells like sealant now....

travelers

Reaction score
So I carried my car to a dealership last week. They called and said that it was indeed a leak inside the wheel well. The seam between the quarter and wheel tub had a crack in it. They dried the area out and sealed it with new sealant. No leaking yet but downside is my car smells like sealant now....

Better that then mold

Bald Menace

forum member
Reaction score
I looked and I found nothing on the 5.0s. I'm not sure if I just didn't think of the right thing to search or what. My passenger side quarter panel is holding water. I have no idea where its coming from. Does anyone know what it could be? Anyone had this issue?

just read a thread about this exact issue. bad seam sealing job from factory in rear wheelwell. take it to the dealership for warranty repair.

glad to hear they fixed you up

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back