2015 Mustang in Autoweek

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
My Father owned a Ford dealership. I've seen decades worth of Ford propaganda. And it looks like many, many drawings I've seen in my 40 years. Not a picture. A picture, even when it's a cell pic of a print picture would be clearer than that.

Here's an unaltered image I just took with my cell phone from the January 5.0 Mustang Mag. Way more clarity. I stick to my assessment that the Mustang image is a drawing. Side by side....

25ur1c1.jpg
wc1it1.jpg

on thursday when we see this EXACT car along side a GT you will owe me e beer.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
on thursday when we see this EXACT car along side a GT you will owe me e beer.

If I'm wrong I'll admit such. But right now I stand by my opinion. Virtual beer if I'm wrong? What if I'm right?

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Looks like they moved the 3rd brake light up top now... Interesting...

P.S. This is the most believable photo so far for me... Not saying the others are not photos of the real car or not... Just saying this one "Looks" realer vs. the others...
I believe both the high 3rd brake light (that might strobe instead of stay on when braking) and the low and center reverse light are both for overseas regulations. They appear to be incorporating features that work in all arenas where the Mustang will be sold as to only have to have one parts bin. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the firewall has provisions to install as either a right or left hand drive as to not have to have two separate bodies for domestic and export markets too.

samolet

forum member
Reaction score
new Pics:beerchug2:

Attachments

• j5a0239.jpg
    j5a0239.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 58
  • j5a0796.jpg
    j5a0796.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 53
  • j5a0896.jpg
    j5a0896.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 61

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
The stock ride height looks promising.

The front looks incomplete. I'm excited to see what aftermarket brings to the table.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
THERE'S SO MANY FUCKING BUTTONS!

I couldn't do it. My '09 is sitting on the edge of what I consider to be "too many buttons," but this is bananas. It would drive me nuts. There's EIGHTEEN BUTTONS on the steering wheel alone.

Things I consider nice creature comforts that I'd want in a DD vehicle:
AC
CD Player
AM/FM Radio
Cruise Control

That's it. No more; no less. I don't want 19 different AC buttons so I can direct the air flow up my ass at an alternating temperature, I don't want 14 presets for satellite radio, and I certainly don't want to have to control it all from my steering wheel.

I feel like the phrase "driver experience" is no longer about the actual experience of driving the car so much as the experience occurring INSIDE the car. I see that as a safety issue, personally.

/rant

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
That interior looks like shit on the pics I've seen so far.

Anybody calling it "euro sleek" ought to be spanked with a damn RPG.

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
IMHO, I feel Ford got it right with the 13-14 Mustang.

I can't seem to bare looking at the front of the 2015 at ALL. The rear looks OK but I'm not loving it.

I'm happy I bought one when I did. 2015 Mustang is just not for me.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
I feel the 13-14 GT's got too catfish with the front end. I think the 11-12 was better and the 15 is a mix of the two as far as the catfishness.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
The Autoweek mag pics look fake.

The more recent pics look legit. I wish it were more dramatic of a change, but I think it's pretty cool.

I'm still holding judgement until the official release, or until I see one in person. Or even until a performance model comes out (like a Cobra/GT500). I've never liked the base models, and even most GT's are too plain to me.

Gremlin85

forum member
Reaction score
I feel the 13-14 GT's got too catfish with the front end. I think the 11-12 was better and the 15 is a mix of the two as far as the catfishness.

Had the same conversation about the 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO's when i had one lol. But I don't really see it in the 13-14 mustang.

catfish.jpg

gto1.jpg

samolet

forum member
Reaction score
The Autoweek mag pics look fake.

The more recent pics look legit. I wish it were more dramatic of a change, but I think it's pretty cool.

I'm still holding judgement until the official release, or until I see one in person. Or even until a performance model comes out (like a Cobra/GT500). I've never liked the base models, and even most GT's are too plain to me.

FAKE? ...haha

Attachments

• waiting.jpg
    waiting.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 51

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back