20x10 fronts to clear brembos on 2011 GT?

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
So imm trying to find a ser of 20s to ear my brembos. Someone was running 20x10 squared setup that cleared the brembos. Does anyone know what the correct offet is to clear them? I read 40mm to be optimal 41 barely clears. I need some opinions, i sights, help or guidance.

Thanks fellas.

Tire size will be 275/35/20 all around, car dropped on steeda springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRock

Reaction score
It all depends on offset. Sure 20x10 will clear by a mile but offset and spoke design play a big part here.

FWIW i have 20x10.5 up front and had room to spare in the wheel well but the wheel hit the calipers.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Sharad, do you happen to know how much clearance you had with those fronts between the strut and the side of the wheel/tire?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sharad, do you happen to know how much clearance you had with those fronts between the strut and the side of the wheel/tire?

Quite a bit, maybe 1/2"? It was not close to rubbing at all. I'd measure for you if I could, but that was like three sets of wheels ago.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Quite a bit, maybe 1/2"? It was not close to rubbing at all. I'd measure for you if I could, but that was like three sets of wheels ago.

Yeah, I know you change wheels like some people change underwear, lol ...

I asked because my 19x10 AMR's only had about 1/4" of clearance, and I have no idea what the offset is for the 19 and the 20"

My 19:

2015-03-14_AMR-frnt2_zpslnnue8vp.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 20x10 mmd551c is 40mm offset and a 275 35 20 will not clear the sway bar stud and you can not turn at full lock. Tire wants to eat the inner wheel well.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Just looked up the specs on the AMR's .... both the 19x10 and the 20x10 are 48mm offset.

Which is good cuz I've been toying around with getting some 20x10's for the front and selling the 19x10's ...

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I don't get it. One fellow has rubbing with a 40mm ET...yet the next fellow has zero problems with a 48mm ET. The greater the offset, the more inboard the wheel resides.
I would have thought with a 48mm ET, you would have problems for sure. Is it possible to have two different wheel types, with identical offsets, but different back spacing ? How much of that sway bar stud can safely be cut off ? What about the stud on the shock mount?
One option may be to use those Roush steering spacer doughnut devices....to limit steering travel...which will also unfortunately reduce your steering radius.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
I don't get it. One fellow has rubbing with a 40mm ET...yet the next fellow has zero problems with a 48mm ET. The greater the offset, the more inboard the wheel resides.
I would have thought with a 48mm ET, you would have problems for sure. Is it possible to have two different wheel types, with identical offsets, but different back spacing ? How much of that sway bar stud can safely be cut off ? What about the stud on the shock mount?
One option may be to use those Roush steering spacer doughnut devices....to limit steering travel...which will also unfortunately reduce your steering radius.

Think about wheels like pants. Not every company has the same definition of 38" waist.

The sway bar stud can be cut down pretty far. The part that protrudes beyond the nut doesn't do anything anyway, but I'd leave a few threads at least

Stud...on the shock mount??? what do you mean here?

The streering limiters won't do anything to help- the clearance between tire/wheel and strut does not change with steering angle unless you have a severely damaged wheel hub. In any case, they shouldn't be needed. As is well cataloged, a 27" tall 315 can be run up front with very little to no full-lock rubbing.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Could you go 295 with that setup Sharad?

I'm sure you could with a small spacer in the front. Maybe even without the spacer. The front fenders on the 10-14 cars are cut wide, so they actually look good with about a 5mm spacer in the front and the same offset wheels all the way around.

Yeah, I know you change wheels like some people change underwear, lol ...

Wait till you see the new rims! Pics should be on social media tomorrow. :head3:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back