30 Day shop makeover..(WARNING! Long story)

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kinda ironic that you just ripped out your lighting and installed fluorescent shop lights. I just recently pulled out all the florescent shop lights in my garage and replaced them with 12 six inch can lights and put CF lighting in them.

Post some of the pictures up over here in this thread so we can see them without having to sign up to another forum to see them.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
CF lighting is the worst thing ever. They are all made from toxic shit in china and you can't ever throw them away because they end up being nuclear grade waste. I took all my CF lights out and put back in incandescent lights. The CF lights have really crappy light output.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
CF lighting is the worst thing ever. They are all made from toxic shit in china and you can't ever throw them away because they end up being nuclear grade waste. I took all my CF lights out and put back in incandescent lights. The CF lights have really crappy light output.

Shit.. we must be talking about completely different types of lighting then.
This picture was taken without any flash what so ever

glight.jpg

If that's crappy output then I want to see what you mean by good output.
Those are 18w bulbs that put out 65w of lighting at 6000k color temp.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
that looks real good! gives me some ideas on customizing my garage once i get into this house in a few months... how much did the flooring cost? just a glaze right?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Nice job... looks good!

What did you think of the floor coating? I need to do the same thing and U-Coat-It is one of the products I'm looking at.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, I thought I was going to be big shit just painting my walls gray. Guess I've got to step my game up. Good job on the man-cave!!

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
A friend did the do it yo-damn-self epoxy floor coatings and you could smell that bastard curing from the other end of the block! Make sure you have the kind of neighbors who are kind (won't mind the smell) and that nobody will steal your stuff while you leave the garage door open for a couple of days while curing.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
You have 7 lights where I have only one. :) Probably makes a bit of a difference. ;) I am thinking I am going to put up the big florescent tube banks of lights so I can tie into my one electrical connection lazily instead of cutting in a bunch of cans.

Shit.. we must be talking about completely different types of lighting then.
This picture was taken without any flash what so ever

glight.jpg

If that's crappy output then I want to see what you mean by good output.
Those are 18w bulbs that put out 65w of lighting at 6000k color temp.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hehe.. well actually I have 14 of them in my 3 car garage. Uses a total of 244w and has 910w worth of light output.

I used to have the twin tube neon fixtures as well. Light coverage wasn't nearly as good as I have now, and I kept smacking the damn things

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I have designed my new garage to use a lot of 8' tubes. But, they will be quite high (9 to 10 feet), so I'm not concerned about bumping into them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back