94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
someone needs to make a s197 version of this

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
About to put mine to the test. Shooting for 460-480RWHP. But with a centri.

tached_out

Bigger the better
Reaction score
There are many people that have done this, but they are either ready to buy a new block or a tuner that wants to show his skills off. You have to ask your self one major question is 20 extra hp worth the money you will spend on a new block. Also simple weight reductions and suspension mods will make your car much faster.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Juco, got some questions for you if you have some down time. PMing you.

striker 5

forum member
Reaction score
I'am in just finshing up my whipple HO install , humm 500rwhp or a new 302 stroker block down the road I'am going low numbers and a new block no brainer .

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
498whp on my original motor for 50K miles. Broke a retainer clip on a valve spring but didnt want to tear my engine open to find that out just in case it was something worse and the labor would have cost me more. Ended up buying another stock engine and have put about 25K more miles on that one and running great. Like said before, centri's dont make low-mid range power like twin screws do and I dont drive my car "bals to the wall" all the time.

That being said, I have survived a while with 500whp.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
You say you have the money now for a new block if yours goes, but things like that like to lie in wait until you don't have it, or it could be that it waits to go when you're out of town, or when you can't spare the time. Trust me, nothing ever breaks when it's an opportune time to fix it. If you have the money now, do it right and be done.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm about to install a snow stage 2 methanol injection kit and add a little more boost.

I want to get closer to the 500rwhp mark on a dyno jet with stock internals.
I've seen guys making these numbers with the stock internals.

For the daily drivers (12k miles/year) at about the 500rwhp mark with stock internals:

-How many miles have you driven with your set up?

-How hard do you drive it?

-What do you use for fuel?

-What else did you do for stock shortblock insurance?

-Why do you think your stock internals has or not lasted that long?

Please, tell us of your experiences and post.

I am at 477 whp through an auto on a Mustang dyno. I run meth from 4 psi on up to 12 psi peak. I dont beat on my car, but track it occasionally..93 octane..And short block insurance?? Well, I have Snow's safe injection which allows me to use a flow gauge to keep an eye on things..I have a very good tuner, that, and the fact I have a centry is why its still holding up..

Back