Added NVH or Issue

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
I’m probably just being paranoid but I have two questions. I am getting a clicking sound every time I engage and disengage the clutch could this be the pressure plate, it’s coming directly below me and just a little forward. I installed the MGW shifter so I’m guessing it’s just added NVH. Also, prior to adding the MGW I started to hear a clunking sound from the rear but only when changing gears, basically when the new gear engaged I heard this clunk. The noise started after I installed BMR LCA’s. Before the install I can’t recall if the sound was there and if it was it was probably minimal. It doesn’t do it every time, if I shift at higher RPM’s it’s not there it’s mainly in the lower range. I took it to the dealer and they said everything seemed fine. I have been told this is normal drivetrain slop, and probably made louder by the LCA’s. It’s gotten louder with the MGW probably due to the stiffer bracket as well. The car still shifts great it’s just that damn sound, if it’s normal drive train slop from the rear and normal pressure plate engagement and disengagement noise from the front than I’m fine with it. Any Ideas?

32V Stang

Reaction score
do the lca have spherical rod ends? if so they do clunk/ click under certain driving

Radar Doc

Reaction score
Could the clicking noise be a clutch switch on the pedal assembly? Have you listened closely with the engine off?

Mike

malmgrdc

Reaction score
Mine did the same, post install of UPR upper and lower rear control arms.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
do the lca have spherical rod ends? if so they do clunk/ click under certain driving

Nope just poly. From the sounds of it, it's pretty normal then considering the stiffer lca's and shifter bracket. If I drive like a granny's can avoid the clunk from the rear.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Could the clicking noise be a clutch switch on the pedal assembly? Have you listened closely with the engine off?

Mike

No, it's definitely coming from slightly forward of the shifter and low. With engine off it makes no noise, only when running.

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
I definitely have the clunk from the rear end after the MGW but no clicking.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
The clicking is definitely only when engaging and dis- engaging the clutch with car on. Does when moving and when in park.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The MGW shifter is noisier than stock in my experience with shifting it. It's the shifter that is noisy for me. I get no other 'clunk' or noise. I never got any kind of tranny or other noises comming from the center console area anyway and still don't.

The clicking that can be heard from opeating the clutch is somewhat mysterious. The clutch is hydraulic so there is somewhat less moving parts that could make noise. So, I would check the pedal area for something loose on or around it. Then, check around the clutch cylinder area including checking the fluid level. Maybe it needs to be bled? I don't know, just throwin' things out there.:headscratch:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
It's your LCA's transmitting the differential noise.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
The clicking is definitely only when engaging and dis- engaging the clutch with car on. Does when moving and when in park.

??? lol you mean when parked??

my 2012 is bone stock and makes a slight click type sound when i engage/disengage the clutch. it's normal.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
??? lol you mean when parked??

my 2012 is bone stock and makes a slight click type sound when i engage/disengage the clutch. it's normal.

Caught that :) it's definitely not coming from the pedal area. It's coming from beneath the shifter slightly forward.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
yep, it's either the throw out bearing or input shaft and is completely normal.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back