Agent 47 upper grille

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's kind of how I'm leaning. I mean what the hell on earth can make that fucking thing cost $300+? Is it coated with pixie dust or something?

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
Actually, it is a very quality piece that fits flawlessly. I saw one on a Grabber Orange car with some other Boss accents and it looked awesome. The other thing is that it is speed tested by Agent 47 and the flow-through won't affect the handling of the car.

I bought the Shelby grille. Cost me over $100 for the surround and over $100 for the insert. I believe they were $249 complete for a while back when I got mine. Thing is a complete chinese piece of crap. Got it with a gray injection molding blem. Also, when installed, the hood wants to fly off at 65mph with a head wind.

I know the Agent 47 stuff is made here and quality. They are an offshoot of a plastics company and basically make high end plastic components for another industry. I will swear by the quality and customer service. I have their mirrors and couldn't be happier.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Although they are known for quality, I have read about multiple fitment issues with this grill. Not sure if is an across the board issue, but the 2 most recent issues I saw resulted in the buyers needing to work with A47 on getting replacmements to make it work. It might be worth it to spend a little more and buy it through an actual dealer and not through ebay, as you would be covered if any issues arise.

iDance

Sign Guy
Reaction score
I'm just hoping they make one for the 2010 soon or I'll get the Saleen/Roush grille.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
It you want it for increased airflow, the roush-style 9 bar grill will accomplish the same thing.

All the Agent 47 stuff is pricey. They likely don't move tons of product, so the markup is large to make any sort of profit.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
All the Agent 47 stuff is pricey. They likely don't move tons of product, so the markup is large to make any sort of profit.

That basically sums up reality...unfortunately most people don't get it and expect everything to be priced like it was made by Chinese slave labor for a non-profit organization.

Vapour...sig pic is destined to be a classic.

Last edited:

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
I like mine, no complaints.

I wanted a high flow grill, but I wanted to keep my fogs. This was the best choice in my opinion. I love the way it looks, and I'd buy it again if I had another s197.

And overpriced? Really? Everything for our damn cars are overpriced. It's only just now that prices are starting to come down.

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here you go

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15023

It is really easy to see stuff behind the grill, because it's really just mesh, so I masked everything on the front off and sprayed the area behind the grill with 5-6 coats of flat black paint. Came out great.
That looks damn good on a black car...which is what mine is. I want it for the same reasons you did - more airflow and keep the stock fogs. I like how the fogs look up front, and getting rid of the pony and the honeycomb look is a major improvement.

Melvin's Fly

forum member
Reaction score
I've had my eye on the A47 grille for a while, but I have issues also with dropping $300. I wish somebody would make the Roush 9 bar with the fogs. I've seen some of the A47 grills where people put the old school pony and tri-bar, and that looked decent.

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
IMG_7731.jpg Bought the Shelby surround. Added some mesh I got from McMaster-Carr. I used some elevator bolts to secure the mesh to the existing holes in the Shelby surround. Cut the mesh to fit with some wire cutters.

IMG_7738.jpg Installed the mesh into the housing.

grilleshot.jpg Installed the grille with the Shelby Tri-Bar Pony emblem.

jjay760

forum member
Reaction score
the agent 47 is a sick grille. there is a black stang out here that has it. fitment is right on. plus i think the bat emblem on it is pretty sick. and for being overpriced, thats why mine is still stock lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back