Amazing close roll race. Stock 2008 Roush 428R versus Stock 2012 5.0

dougie b

Reaction score
it's funny looking back to my ignorant high school days when i thought thought Roush's were some of the most powerful stangs on the road....my new saleen says otherwise bwahahaha

Lots of things going on in this video that bother me, many of them have been mentioned, but what about the fact that the windows are open on both cars all the way to 140+???? Might make a slight difference in the race...

The hood lifting on the new 5.0 looks a bit scary compared to the s197....makes me want my hood pins back.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
The roush was fast, but it's 2011 now and things change that's all.
He can pulley it up though!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
it's funny looking back to my ignorant high school days when i thought thought Roush's were some of the most powerful stangs on the road....my new saleen says otherwise bwahahaha

Lots of things going on in this video that bother me, many of them have been mentioned, but what about the fact that the windows are open on both cars all the way to 140+???? Might make a slight difference in the race...

The hood lifting on the new 5.0 looks a bit scary compared to the s197....makes me want my hood pins back.

im pretty sure that road courses require windows down, and they travel at high speeds for a lot longer than 10 seconds

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
As a few others have stated, I'm sure a modded 428R would beat a stock 5.0. I believe they can get 450rwhp if modded right. But its unfair to compare a modded car to a stock car.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
This is exactly how my race went vs my boys 2011 5.0 6spd manual that is stock.. Very nice man!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
At a track.

No shit. Come on 145 mph on the interstate racing..... thats just stupid IMO. Maybe they were out in the weeds somewhere with no on ramps IDK....just seems way excessive to me.

And stock? Who the hell has a stock mustang that posts on forums? :idea: Nobody..

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And stock? Who the hell has a stock mustang that posts on forums? :idea: ..

Every single moron that starts one of those what color stripes / what color wheels / hey post up your <insert color here> 20XX car / what music do you listen to when you are cruisin your stang / I saw a Mustang on TV / Wow there is a Mustang in a movie threads and thinks it is original and people really care

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back