Ambient temperature sensor

Slow50

Reaction score
Hello I need some help. I have a 2012 6cyl.My ac compressor is not kicking unless I jump it, when I do it’s ice cold. My ambient temp is showing 50 degrees, it’s 80 out. I changed the sensor,when I put it in I turned the key on and it said 78°. I started the car turned on the AC hoping the clutch would kick on but it didn’t. I went back in the car and the temperature again is 50°. When I scan it, there are no codes coming up. my pressure sensor is in range. My Freon is perfect. there’s a new blower motor and a new resistor in the car. Originally this code was popping up.B10B9:14-0A Any help would be appreciated.Thank you

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
If you've got voltage on pin 1 on connector 2109a of the HVAC control module then your module is smoked.

If the module senses no voltage on the blower motor control PWM circuit (pin 1 on c2109a) then it kicks the b10b9:14. That doesn't really explain your ac clutch issue tho, as it's controlled by the PCM. Do you have any codes in the PCM by chance?

Slow50

Reaction score
Thank you for the help, No codes at all just the B10B9:14-0A. The buttons for the radio were not working properly so I bought a used bezel and module. I put them in, ran the codes again and still the same code. I swapped out to blower motor and two resistors still the same. I checked the relays. I checked every ground I could find. The Freon pressure is perfect. If I turn the compressor on with the scanner, it blows out ice cold. I put a new ambient temperature sensor because it was reading 50° and it’s about 90° One of the other reasons I changed the bezel was because the lights were lighting up, but the recirculate button wasn’t working. When I hook up my scanner, it tells me that it’s on fresh air. If I press the button in the car the light will light up and shut off when I press it, but the actuator does not move. But I can make it open and close from the scanner. I’m completely lost. Thank you for the time.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
After changing the Ambient Sensor, Did you clear the codes? Did you verify through the BCM that it is programmed and recognizing the new components?

Slow50

Reaction score
I did clear the codes, and it started working right away. The temperature was correct in the car. So of what I understand, I am not getting the signal from the buttons to the computer. If I press the recirculate/ fresh air button, It will light up and show it like it’s recirculating, but it’s not. It’s on fresh air. When I hooked up my scanner, it shows that it’s on fresh air. and with the scanner, I can command it, and it will switch back-and-forth when I press the button on the scanner. So guessing that the actuator for the fresh air /recirculate is working, but not receiving the signal when I press the button. I also replaced the bezel.

Reaction score
I did clear the codes, and it started working right away. The temperature was correct in the car. So of what I understand, I am not getting the signal from the buttons to the computer. If I press the recirculate/ fresh air button, It will light up and show it like it’s recirculating, but it’s not. It’s on fresh air. When I hooked up my scanner, it shows that it’s on fresh air. and with the scanner, I can command it, and it will switch back-and-forth when I press the button on the scanner. So guessing that the actuator for the fresh air /recirculate is working, but not receiving the signal when I press the button. I also replaced the bezel.
I think the body control module in the passenger kick plate processes all the buttons and switches inside the car. If your buttons do not work that is where you should look. Check the plugs for corrosion. Sometimes the module can get wet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back