Another 15 inch wheel option>?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea thats like a cobra b/s so probably about a 1" to 1.5" just buy mine i know they fit and already mounted on rims lol

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
IMO if I cant drive it on the street then the last thing I what is to be going 130 down the track with it !
I've had them on cars at 180 mph. You won't find potholes on a race track.

Before I bought the Bogarts I was looking into the BS's pretty hard. Unfortunately, they seem to not be interested in tapping the S197 market with a 15" wheel option.
Pretty much what they told me at PRI. Essentially....."Oh a Mustang? Yeah....whatever."

http://www.billetspecialties.com/item.asp?cid=16&scid=251&pid=1009

17x9.5 with a 7.5 b.s will that work? m&h has a 17" dot slick. maybe thats an option?
I'm waiting on my contingency check from either Mickey Thompson or FRPP and I'm going to try those wheels. I believe they'll work. If they work on the rear then I'll either change the brakes on the front or run a spacer so I can use the 15" wheels on the front end.

If not.....I'm going with Holeshot Wheels.

autumn_again

Reaction score
I got these wheels for Christmas and some 3/8" wheel spacers. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/67001/10002/-1#

I finally tried them on today, but they don't clear the calipers. They rub just a little. If I get them balanced, the weights will make it worse. I can probably use 1/2" spacers and if the weights interfere, I'll have to grind on the calipers.

Also, no way I'll be able to use the stock studs after using 1/2" spacer.

i have those also, i have a 2007 gt, and i got mine to fit. at first i tried them on at night, and was having a hard time, and it was grinding in one small area. didn't make sense to me at all. then the next day i went out and messed with it for 5 minutes in the light and got them to work fine.i have the pro star replicas though, so i dont know if the inside of the wheel is designed a little different or something. i'm using a 3/8 spacer too.

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
if I cant drive it on the street then the last thing I what is to be going 130 down the track with it

Actually they are very strong and likely more than enough for any trap speed you (160-180mph) are likely to attain. Also lots of folk do use them on the street. Bogart don't recommend them for street use, mostly because of the mileage-induced issues associated with street use compared to dragstrip use.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Actually they are very strong and likely more than enough for any trap speed you (160-180mph) are likely to attain. Also lots of folk do use them on the street. Bogart don't recommend them for street use, mostly because of the mileage-induced issues associated with street use compared to dragstrip use.
Ok get it about the track only wheels . By the way I love your reolution! Good luck!

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
Incidently that's more mph than this car will ever see too...lol

I don't name cars, but if I did, I'd call ours Humpty Dumpty. We're about to put all the motor pieces back together in the next few days (blew head gaskets and pistons three weeks ago). We're just 1/10 from being a 9s ride...I'd put a 106mm in there to get that 1/10...lol

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Incidently that's more mph than this car will ever see too...lol

I don't name cars, but if I did, I'd call ours Humpty Dumpty. We're about to put all the motor pieces back together in the next few days (blew head gaskets and pistons three weeks ago). We're just 1/10 from being a 9s ride...I'd put a 106mm in there to get that 1/10...lol
That was at 27# right ?

forensicsteve

Aggie Dad
Reaction score
That was at 27# right ?

Yes. But the two back to back 10.0s were at 22 lbs and actually car was running on fouled plugs and misfiring that night. We've made quite a few changes to try and avoid our little misadventure. We're going back to 22 lbs for one. Trap speed is indicative of a potential 9.8, so with a change to Brisk plugs and a few other things, including a JPC intake manifold, 9s are definitely possible, without increasing boost, although timing could go up some.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yes. But the two back to back 10.0s were at 22 lbs and actually car was running on fouled plugs and misfiring that night. We've made quite a few changes to try and avoid our little misadventure. We're going back to 22 lbs for one. Trap speed is indicative of a potential 9.8, so with a change to Brisk plugs and a few other things, including a JPC intake manifold, 9s are definitely possible, without increasing boost, although timing could go up some.
I just ment the gaskets went at 27# , not the time. Are yall likeing the Brisk more than the HTOs at high boost and timming or have you used the Brisk plugs all along? Shit forgot this is a wheel thread . LOL ! PM me .

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nvm

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back