Anyone had the airbag recall done..Question

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
I got the recall today.

Last updated 05/28/2015
We found the following field service action listed on your vehicle.

VIN: 1ZVBP8CF6E53034xx
FSA Title: DRIVER AIRBAG INFLATOR REPLACEMENT
Field Service Action Number: 15S21

Be advised that this system tracks Recalls and Customer Satisfaction Programs for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States. The information provided is subject to change and update. There may be temporary delays in update of information on this site due to a number of factors. For the latest information regarding the status of your vehicle or any recall program of Ford Motor Company, please contact your local dealership directly or the Customer Relationship Center.

A recall is an action by the Company to remedy a safety concern related to a vehicle defect or regulatory requirement. It may require that you return your vehicle to the dealer for service. If your vehicle is not affected, it may be because it was built at a different time or using a different part than the affected vehicles.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT YOUR DEALER

Last edited:

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
I am waiting for my local dealer to get the required part

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just read this last night, so I went to my dealer today. They had one part in stock that they had ordered for some guy that keeps putting them off about bringing his car in. So they gave me his part and reordered another one for him. They had the car for about 3 hours. Not bad for a walk-in with no appointment.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
The news outlets are saying the MY range has gone from 05-08 to 05-14. So pretty much any S197 Mustang will most likely need the recall.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Wonderful. Well, so far my VIN is not showing up on either linked site. It's a '13.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So do they replace the entire airbag and cover?

Or just the unit behind it?

I have a 2010 steering wheel retrofitted to my 2007, don't want the old badge back.

Exley

forum member
Reaction score
I think someone said it is just a cartridge.

Yea I was all excited because I thought I would get a new steering wheel badge. I found an internal guide for the service and they took the cover off and replaced the actual igniter

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Darren just doesn't want to put the miles on it. Not like his air bag needs to work anyways :/.

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Guess I better look into this and see if my '14 GT is affected.

Hey Brian, Let me know when I can schedule Pepper for this. I almost did online last night, but was not sure how your parts inventory would be and figure you are checking now that we are on the list =].

I also have a ticking noise on the passenger side once the car is driven over 30 minutes. Sounds like an exhaust leak...

Either that or take Pepper in trade for a 2015 or 2016 400A Ruby Red :Good or Bad:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Just checked my '11 and the website says this.....so far.

"There are currently no field service actions listed for your vehicle."

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Ford won't do shit where I am (they are completely broke over here) so is up to me to do this, any info is appreciated. Both airbags are affected by the recall?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back