Anyone have access to a waterjet or ????

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
I am in need of some stainless steel shim discs for setting lash in my heads. There are no available shims that will work without some sort of modification and then they are still not 100% right.

So....

I would like to get about 50 shim discs cut out. 25 @ .020 and 25 @ .030 thickness. They would have a .6" diameter.

Does anyone here work in a machine shop or have access to the proper cutting equipment to help me out?

There is at least one other on this board who is looking for these also so maybe we could work something out. Thanks, Ryan

atomicpunk

Reaction score
A plasma cutter would work if you know someone that has one. Don't know if tin snips for sheet metal work would cut stainless that thick.

shatter

White And Nerdy
Reaction score
Ryan,

I have access to a plasma cutter, if you want to try that, but didn't mention it to you because I agree with Alloy GT that it doesn't give a quality cut for what you are trying to work with.

Cali HP Addict

forum member
Reaction score
i own and run a waterjet
Thanks bro! I think that I may have the hookup with Natural1. He is going to waterjet some shims for himself and we are discussing a batch that would cover me as well. I will let you know if it doesn't work out for some reason.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back