Anyone know the preamp output of the stock deck?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Ordered a Pioneer F90BT for the car and wondered what the preamp voltage is of the stock deck to decide if I need to regulate the pioneers voltage down to keep the stock amps hooked up? I normally get the harnesses to bypass the stock amps, but i'm going to keep them hooked up this time because the pioneer is only 50x4. I still have to look up the wiring diagram for the shaker 1000 subs that I picked up from Hawg, so I can wire up a rca to wire output converter to run the subs.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
guessing here, but it probably just under two volts.

Also, not knowing the f90bt, but knowing how the aftermarket handles sub outs... You should be able to configure the output level of the sub out thru the headunit's crossover section to "level match" with the shaker 1000 amps.
Remember... it's NOT a constant 4 volt pre-amp outpout, if it was you'd have no way to control the volume...

I love marketing...

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, i'm not worried about the sub, i'm more worried about running the 50 watts preamp to the amp that runs the door speakers and rear speakers. That's why I wondered what the preamp was from the factory radio so I can reduce the juice going to the door amps. I'll have to get something to drop the watts or run the doors/rear off of preouts on the back of the F90BT.

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
The Ford headunit runs the door and rear speakers... the built in amps are for the door subs, and the trunk sub (shaker1000).

The pioneer should have no trouble powering the door and rear package tray speakers. The "50 watts" will not hurt them.. distortion will :)

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
The Ford headunit runs the door and rear speakers... the built in amps are for the door subs, and the trunk sub (shaker1000).

The pioneer should have no trouble powering the door and rear package tray speakers. The "50 watts" will not hurt them.. distortion will :)
For some reason I thought all the speakers were amp'd in the car. I haven't pulled it apart to look and didn't really plan on it..lol. I've done car audio for many years, but have to admit this is the first 05+ i've done. Hopefully the unit comes in by wednesday. I can't wait to put this thing in and ditch the stock deck. Thanks for the info, it saved me from having to trace wires.:beerchug2:

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
I hear ya... I have that Kenwood DNX-6140 sitting in my office closet, waiting on the sirius gear to arrive....
Can't wait to get it all installed then roadtrip for a weekend.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back