Anyone Using C-Clip Eliminators

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Is anyone using C-Clip eliminators? I see FFRP offers one for the 8.8, but they don't recommend them on cars with rear disc brakes.

Has anyone actually snapped an axle on and S197?

I don't think I need them yet, but I am thinking about a locker, Spool or Mini Spool. I want to get rid of the c-clips when I do the locker job. If I put in a Spool, I have to get the kit.

Thanks,
Spaz

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Not sure, but I did notice that a magazine had a 9" bolt in rear kit for around $1300-1400.00. Can't remember who makes the rear, but i'm sure you could get the same thing through one of the vendors.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I did notice that a magazine had a 9" bolt in rear kit for around $1300-1400.00. Can't remember who makes the rear, but i'm sure you could get the same thing through one of the vendors.

at that price, it doesnt include the center section, gears, differential or anything. its jsut the housing and possibly the axles

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Yea, I am pretty sure I want to just build up the stock rear. I already did a gear swap and used all high end parts on the rebuild. I mostly want to avoid dragging the ass of the car on the ground if I do pop an axle.

That's why I am looking at a locker or mini spool. I can't picture throwing so much power that I need a 9".

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back