Atco Dec. 5th

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a good chance for some runs on Sunday. The car should be ready...Anyone else?

30.gif

Partly CloudyHigh
43°F

Precip
10%
Wind:From NW at 15 mph Humidity:55%UV Index:2 Low
Sunrise:7:05 AM ETAvg. High:50°FRecord High:76°F (1982)

29.gif

Partly CloudyOvernight Low
28°F

Precip
10%
Wind:From WNW at 10 mph Humidity:58% Sunset:4:35 PM ETAvg. Low:30°FRecord Low:9°F (1966)
Last Updated Wednesday, Dec 1, 9:08 PM Eastern Standard Time

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
could be rabbit..... could be.....

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Damnit! I'll be in North Jersey with the wife's family celebrating Chanukah and probably won't be back until mid-day Sunday. I just got my rear swaybar relocation mounts too so I can try out Paul's slicks to go for an all out run and have traction this time.

We'll see what time I get home Sunday. If I can talk the wife into leaving early and I can get home by 9-10am, then I may show up as well. I'd like to close out the season with a 10.5 or 10.6 run.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Would be cool to see you guys!! My roll bar should be done on Saturday so I will be ready to roll on Sunday

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I got the swaybar relo brackets on last night, talk about a pain in the ass with the CHE LCA anti-squat brackets. The I had to friggen get the swaybar ends in place using my jack and they are right on the LCA brackets. Fortunately they don't seem to make any noise.

Paul, could u bring the slicks and a jack so I can give it a shot? Hopefully everything clears for this wheels now. I should get back down to my house around 9am Sunday morning so I should be able to get to the track by 10:30 or so I would guess.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Another idea Paul if you prefer; I can head to your place first and put them on there. I don't know how early you wanted to get to Atco and I need to get some more 110 fuel in the car so if I head to your place first, put on the slicks then I can hit Mighty Joe's for fuel and then to Atco.

Your call Paul.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Another idea Paul if you prefer; I can head to your place first and put them on there. I don't know how early you wanted to get to Atco and I need to get some more 110 fuel in the car so if I head to your place first, put on the slicks then I can hit Mighty Joe's for fuel and then to Atco.

Your call Paul.

It really doesn't matter too me. I was talking to Chris and he entioned to have ur bump stop brackets taken off. Some cars had issues with it. I know mine were hitting them very lightly. If u have a hour to spare, I'd cut them off.
Either way is good, my house or track.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think I will be at e-town most likely.
the hike to atco for me is an hour n a half easy.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I think I will be at e-town most likely.
the hike to atco for me is an hour n a half easy.

Atco is 3 hrs for me, Etown is 1.5, Atco ALWAYS hooks better, Etown makes excuses over the PA all day about how it's too cold ...

Atco had better air yesterday than Etown
Atco -1480 DA
Etown -1369 DA

Just sayin'

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Atco is 3 hrs for me, Etown is 1.5, Atco ALWAYS hooks better, Etown makes excuses over the PA all day about how it's too cold ...

Atco had better air yesterday than Etown
Atco -1480 DA
Etown -1369 DA

Just sayin'

I might take the trip, heard they prep better and you get more runs... i'm looking at 3 runs for 40 bucks sunday at e-town :tdown:

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
I might take the trip, heard they prep better and you get more runs... i'm looking at 3 runs for 40 bucks sunday at e-town :tdown:

Yeah 3 runs..Unless they decide they feel like going home early and pull your run card at 2..

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Heh...if you want to hot lap you could do 15 runs at Atco on Sunday. I'm sure if I get a good launch and stay in it, it'll be a one and done day for me since I still don't have a bar.

About the bump stops, are they just rubber? I'm just wondering what I have to cut them with. If they are just rubber I'll use a hack saw and shorten them a little.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok - so who's in for sure?

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
If you're going Dave, I'll be there. I want to see your Shelby finally. If you can't make it, I'll go next weekend if the weather is good.

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Just called the shop for an update, I won't know for sure till tommorow afternoon....

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
SHIT! Car is NOT done yet!! Looks like another longass week before I can run it. Shooting for Atco next Saturday and/or Sunday!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ok, well if Art your out, then I am too. I was boarder line to begin with and I'm dog tired now too.

Next Sat is a no go for me. Sunday I'll have to check.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
e-town it is for me then lol.
anyone else going ?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back