Average supercharger install cost..

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the getting the blower install underway!

Although you'll miss having all that extra power on your bedroom floor, you'll make up for it in the Stang!

I was quoted $800 locally for my install, but I ended up buying mine from ST Motorsports along with install and tune for a nice package price.

I'd assume it wouldn't be too hard for you to get it installed for less than 1K in So Cal....

Give ST a call and see what they'll charge you.

I think it would cost more to go there than it would to have it installed :) I live in tampa :)

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think it would cost more to go there than it would to have it installed :) I live in tampa :)

Doh!!!

I don't know why I thought you lived in So Cal....

Well, I still stand by my thoughts of easily finding a reputable installer for less than 1K!

I'd call KB and see if they recommend anyone in your area, and see what they can come up with for you.

Good luck man, you're going to love it!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm sure there are people in this forum that have upgraded their intercoolers or intakes and you may be able to get them on the cheap.

I wouldn't purchase a stock intercooler from KB when for a little more money you could purchase something like the Gords. Speak to Ron (94tbird) as to what he ordered. I believe it needs to have side inlet and outlet.
I just replaced my KB heat exchanger with a Gordsford unit last month, so the KB heat exchanger is available.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my KB heat exchanger with a Gordsford unit last month, so the KB heat exchanger is available.

how much for it...it still has all the mounting hardware?

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I wish I had the time to help you with the install. I installed the turbo myself but I took a week vacation so I could install it. I'm sure the KB is easier than the turbo install.

W

White40thGT

I usually charge $500 and reccomend a local tuner who charges about the same. Dpends on what kind of supercharger. Vortech/Procharger about 4 hours, KB or saleen about 6-8 depending on if its a 2v, 3v, or 4v.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish I had the time to help you with the install. I installed the turbo myself but I took a week vacation so I could install it. I'm sure the KB is easier than the turbo install.

I'm going to try and take a 4-day weekend... or at the very least a 3-day.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back