bbr stage 1 cams

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
hey guys ive really been trying to do my reseach on some cams for my 07 the problem i run into is the ford racing cams arnt loud enough and the mother thumpers buck really bad at low rpm (so ive read and heard) i like the bbr cams and i hear that they make good power but before i order these i was wondering has anybody had trouble with them sending to diff size cams ?? two people have told me they have had to get them taken out and sent them back.. thanks for any input

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
BBR Stage 1's are bad ass. I had them with BBK Longtubes, an offroad X, and pypes violaters and they sounded wicked as fuck. Just dont buy regrinds! lol

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have them. They are awesome, especially since I have both correct cams now. There were not that many cam sets that had this problem. Don't worry about it !!! Do it. Power gain is sweet with them too .

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
sorry about that topic im just new and i over looked it and thanks for the input guy and nitrostang not really i like the sound but want the best hp for my money with out changing valve springs and all that

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
sorry about that topic im just new and i over looked it and thanks for the input guy and nitrostang not really i like the sound but want the best hp for my money with out changing valve springs and all that

That's cool. I have seen and driven cars with both. Personally I think the Hot Rod Cam are a little better. Nothing against the BBR set up though.

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
yea ive been on the fence between them both and i have drove cars with both cams seems like they make the same power just the bbr has a little more lope it seems like, i was goina go turbo but ive got a bone stock with a cai and x pipe and some mufflers lol everyone said its the best bang for my buck lol turbo stuff gets expensive lol

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
i hear ya newman what are you putting down to the ground with your setup

dillion what all did you have to change for the stage 2 cams

Last edited by a moderator:

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
96B7F01409C6-1.jpg

And to be honest, being that I own BBR Stage 1 cams, I think the Hot Rod cams sound more lopey/loud if that's what you're going for.
they-see-me-trollin-i0.jpg

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
dillion what all did you have to change for the stage 2 cams

My car had had hot rods, mutha thumpr stage 2, BBR stage 1, and BBR stage 2

The stage 2 bbr made the most power followed by yhr stage 1 then the frpp and comp in last

When I had bbr install the stages twos the upgraded the valve springs and added an frpp manifold my motor is low compression and made 371 rwhp it it was standard cimpressio would of been roughly 20 higher

holmes4.6

forum member
Reaction score
i hear ya and nitro one had a mid muffler system and the other was a pypes x and some flowmaster knock offs and dillion out of all the cams what was you happiest with sound/power.. without changing valve springs and stuff

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i hear ya newman what are you putting down to the ground with your setup

I put 350 to they wheels with stage 1 cam in driver side and stage 2 cam in passenger side. They car actually feels stronger with the correct cams in the car now. Have not been to the track with cams yet. Everything in my sig is correct except for the JLT 3 was just added

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
i hear ya and nitro one had a mid muffler system and the other was a pypes x and some flowmaster knock offs and dillion out of all the cams what was you happiest with sound/power.. without changing valve springs and stuff

Stage 1s made more power and the same tq as hot rods but hot rodd were more lopey hiwever preceded thr stage1

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The lope on the stage 1 cams are not what they appear as on BBR's 2010 silver GT in their YouTube video . But Still has lope

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
The lope on the stage 1 cams are not what they appear as on BBR's 2010 silver GT in their YouTube video . But Still has lope

Mine had a pretty aggressive lope actually i think thats all in the tune and exhaust setup

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine have lope, don't get me wrong , but nothing like that video they advertise. Weird thing about mine is they only lope sometimes .... I have yet to figure that out .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back