Best drag radial for street racing

jsusnaim

Reaction score
Im looking for the best performing drag radial for street use, im from venezuela, lito's land haha.. here we do loooots of street racing im tired of being overtaken by slower cars my car has paxton novi 2200 10psi sc 127200 cams 3.73 ..

i just wanna HOOK on the street.. and i need recomendations

i know its difficult i'll be happy just hooking on 2nd gear lol.. thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english!

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
You could just spray simple green on your tires...

Is it a manual or an automatic?

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
The best tires for hooking will be the ones that are completely chewed through at 2,000 miles. Street Racers around here swear by the Mickey Thompson ET street DR2. I don't street race, so I can't offer personal insight. My drag tires are DOT bias plys, and they hook like a bat out of hell (on the track), but I'd never dream of driving them around on the street. Hoosier QTPs.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run the MT DRII's on mine and they hook really well on the street. You will only get about 3000-4000 miles out of them if you run them hard. I don't abuse mine that much and I have about 3000 miles on them and they still look almost new.

I think they are the absolute best tire you can run for street traction.

Earl

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What size rims do you have?

no matter what tire you chose, it should be 28" tall, better foot print = better traction

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
M&H 275/45/18 on my ride! fits on the stock 18" wheel, they run a bit narrow so no real bulge either. I have the paxton kit on my car also and I can't get them to spin much on a second roll!

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've run a few different brands. My preference is for the Nitto NT05R. The sidewall is a little stiffer than most but it still has excellent traction. The stiffer sidewall prevents wandering at highway speeds.

Before anyone compares it to the NT555R I will preempt and say that they use a different tread and are very different tires. I like the 555R too but it's not close to the 05R for traction.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The best tires for hooking will be the ones that are completely chewed through at 2,000 miles. Street Racers around here swear by the Mickey Thompson ET street DR2. I don't street race, so I can't offer personal insight. My drag tires are DOT bias plys, and they hook like a bat out of hell (on the track), but I'd never dream of driving them around on the street. Hoosier QTPs.

LOL ive driven on mine a few times. You should try it, its fun....

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I've run a few different brands. My preference is for the Nitto NT05R. The sidewall is a little stiffer than most but it still has excellent traction. The stiffer sidewall prevents wandering at highway speeds.

Before anyone compares it to the NT555R I will preempt and say that they use a different tread and are very different tires. I like the 555R too but it's not close to the 05R for traction.

X2.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well if the tires are for street racing only.

275/60/15s

You could look at M&H or MT's new pro 275 DR - great tire - but not for highway use at all

GoFaster06

forum member
Reaction score
Looking specifically for new rear street tires as well, already set for dedicated track setup. Want the best hooking D/R out there for street use. Currently have Nitto 555R 305/40/18. Debating between MT ET Street II (305/45/18) & Nitto NT50R (315/40/18), for use on 10" Foose 18" Nitrous rims. Which one & why? Don't care about how long they last & how they handle in wet weather.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back