Tire Comparison: M/T’s ET Street Radial Versus ET Street Radial II

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem Terry, they're a little spendy but worth it if for anyone planning on actually using the power they make on the street. If you don't mind me asking what'd you pay for them through discount? I bought mine from Summit (380$ +/-) as it was the best I could find.

You're correct its pretty much common sense in the rain. At the moment there is probably 3 or 4k miles on them now, no changes in traction or noticeable wear, though I'm sure if you measured them you'd see it, still plenty of tread life left. I guess you could call my driving aggressive, but no burn outs on them just dusted them off a few times.

Longest trip on them was a 9/11 memorial run down to the keys and a car show with my local club, probably 700 all together without any problems, minus it pouring the last half hour before getting there, guys on street tires sliding around all around me. Good long weekend, took home best 05-09 and got engaged.

I'm sure I can find a picture or two to post up! Just let me get to the desktop.
Chandler ...

Just to mention this.

You know why I spend (More) time here on S-197 than the Bullitt Mustang Site I am a Mod on.

Because guys over here like You, Sam, Dave, Earl etc. to name a few actually do things with their Mustangs.

Not just let them sit on Blocks in the garage and brag about not driving them.

Oh and our Bullitt Mustangs are 'Stock" !!!

I hate to say this but the guys that use to be on IMBOC are now long since gone that actually did things with their Bullitt Mustangs.

Just a handful of us left with the 2008/2009 Bullitt Mustangs that have them Modded.

So here on S-197 there are a lot of us that have POWER and Modded the Crap out of our cars.

Here you can actually ask a question and guys jump in with REAL-Facts !!!

Man if you or any of the guys have pics. of their cars with the 305/35-20's would post some Pics. that would be great.

Also, what size wheels in the Ass-End are those tires mounted on.

guys on street tires sliding around all around me.
Are you saying your's did not Slide-All-Over-The-Place in that Rain ???

Later and Thanks Bro,
Terry

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have ran et street raidials on my 08 and now running II's on the 14 their really close to same on dry traction. I have been caught in the rain on both the II's are noticeably better in cruising wet conditions and seem to feel more stable and less likely to hydro plane but I still use caution in the rain I'm running 295/45/17 in MT ET ST II's on 17x9.5 direct drill dark star wheels

Last edited:

619ponyman

Reaction score
I owned both tires and the et streets work a lot better that the et streets II specially if your manual.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm all auto (fastest shift) experience fastest et in 08 9.63 @ 139 S197 1/4 if this qualifies me to post.. On the street no difference period your only going to get so much traction on public streets especially if you have any power.... On the strip the regular et street radials do better in my experience but only because of being able to run 15 inch wheels... I'm comparing a 325/50/15 regular et street to a 295/45/17 ET ST II's anyone experienced knows a 15 is better due to side wall at drag track... It really is depending on run conditions street vs strip then if strip it depends on strip and track prep quality...
If you want the BEST track ET Street Go MT PRO 275 /15 inch wheel Radials. If your looking for a street Balance consider the ET Street II's for wheels over 15-16" that's what their designed for (larger wheels) and their the same rubber compound.. Mickey Thompson has a history of being one of the best hooking drag radials....

Last edited:

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
I try to spend as much time driving the car as I can, whats the point in having it otherwise? Work keeps me away from it 6-7 months a year so the mileage stays down, but I'm more than happy to jump in it and drive anywhere when Im home. More than happy to share whatever info I can, there is a lot of great info to be had here.

My ET II's are on 20x10 FR500's

I kept waiting for it to start sliding around, guys around me slipping and sliding but I didn't have any trouble.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
Pictures as promised, excuse the crappy cellphone pictures and the dirty car, its mid road trip. Car is on K springs so 1.5'' drop.

07063d54-96d5-4164-a88a-b31ee1b9c47b_zps42246b69.jpg

f6d7486a-3e82-4572-8b92-8bafa671c609_zps4ec31126.jpg

c5349ade-525d-4a6d-8937-8cec0e11de91_zps22879783.jpg

a750b82b-ff52-4cbb-8e10-6cf2236d2d7c_zpsc70cee8a.jpg

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have ran et street raidials on my 08 and now running II's on the 14 their really close to same on dry traction. I have been caught in the rain on both, the II's are noticeably better in cruising wet conditions and seem to feel more stable and less likely to hydro plane but I still use caution in the rain I'm running 295/45/17 in MT ET ST II's on 17x9.5 direct drill dark star wheels

Thanks for the info.

I owned both tires and the et streets work a lot better that the et streets II specially if your manual.

Yes, the ET Street II's are for the Auto with the Stiffer Sidewall.

I'm all auto (fastest shift) experience fastest et in 08 9.63 @ 139 S197 1/4 if this qualifies me to post.. On the street no difference period your only going to get so much traction on public streets especially if you have any power.... On the strip the regular et street radials do better in my experience but only because of being able to run 15 inch wheels... I'm comparing a 325/50/15 regular et street to a 295/45/17 ET ST II's anyone experienced knows a 15 is better due to side wall at drag track... It really is depending on run conditions street vs strip then if strip it depends on strip and track prep quality...

If you want the BEST track ET Street Go MT PRO 275 /15 inch wheel Radials. If your looking for a street Balance consider the ET Street II's for wheels over 15-16" that's what their designed for (larger wheels) and their the same rubber compound.. Mickey Thompson has a history of being one of the best hooking drag radials....

In my case really much more interested in (Street) "Drivability".
Traction is a PLUS but being able to also drive in the Rain if caught in it is more important to me traveling to Mustang events out of State.

BTW, that is 1-Bad-Ass Mustang you have. :beer:

I try to spend as much time driving the car as I can, whats the point in having it otherwise? Work keeps me away from it 6-7 months a year so the mileage stays down, but I'm more than happy to jump in it and drive anywhere when I'm home. More than happy to share whatever info I can, there is a lot of great info to be had here.

My ET II's are on 20x10 FR500's

I kept waiting for it to start sliding around, guys around me slipping and sliding but I didn't have any trouble.

Chandler,

Thanks for the added info on driving it on the street and in the RAIN. :thumb:

Pictures as promised, excuse the crappy cellphone pictures and the dirty car, its mid road trip. Car is on K springs so 1.5'' drop.

07063d54-96d5-4164-a88a-b31ee1b9c47b_zps42246b69.jpg

f6d7486a-3e82-4572-8b92-8bafa671c609_zps4ec31126.jpg

c5349ade-525d-4a6d-8937-8cec0e11de91_zps22879783.jpg

a750b82b-ff52-4cbb-8e10-6cf2236d2d7c_zpsc70cee8a.jpg

Chandler,

You have a PM from me.
Oh I just saw your (Rear-Wheel Width-Size) above.
You have 20x10 " wheels ........

Terry

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Hello Sam ...

Thanks for your post and information.

It is definitely "Appreciated" !!!

Say how many miles do you think you have on your's now ?

And also how do you drive with them, usually on the street ?
(Meaning, Balls to the Walls every take off or more subtle)
I'm attempting to ask how do you drive on the street with the M/T tires ?

What H/P & Torque are you running on the Street-Tune ???

Also, you have a Manual or Auto tranny ???

I'm trying to get a better idea of the Bigger-Picture on your Mustang and the way you drive on the street.

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

I've put maybe a 1000 miles on them now. My driving style is mixed. Generally I take it easy, but if I have an open stretch of road in front of me, and no cars around, I'll hammer through a few gears. Especially freeway on ramps. Around town, I'm pretty mild. I like the twisties too, and these tires don't slow me down at all when taking any kind of hard sweeping turns. I run them at 28lbs. My car is primarily a street car, so they need to perform like a street tire, which they absolutely do.

My street tune makes about 775-800rwh/700tq, so I really need those tires to stick. My trans is a 6 speed manual, and I'm running 3.73 gears for now.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've put maybe a 1000 miles on them now. My driving style is mixed. Generally I take it easy, but if I have an open stretch of road in front of me, and no cars around, I'll hammer through a few gears. Especially freeway on ramps. Around town, I'm pretty mild. I like the twisties too, and these tires don't slow me down at all when taking any kind of hard sweeping turns. I run them at 28lbs. My car is primarily a street car, so they need to perform like a street tire, which they absolutely do.

My street tune makes about 775-800rwh/700tq, so I really need those tires to stick. My trans is a 6 speed manual, and I'm running 3.73 gears for now.
Sam ...

I'm running the TCI Super Street Fighter tranny and 3:73 gears.

No where I Do-Not think close to your H/P & Torque though.

I don't have it back but just guessing probably around the 600 area at the tires.

I did go over and saw your Thread build and you have 1-Bad-Ass Mustang, buddy :beer:

Say what size are your Wheels in the rear, "Width-Wise" ?

I see you are running 28 psi in them so trying to get a good picture of how they sit on the ground with your wheel width size.

Mine will be the SC-5 M/T 20x10.5" rear wheels.

I talked with M/T in CA. the other day and he suggested running 32 psi in them on the street.

I'm trying to get an idea as what psi to run in them driving on the road putting hundreds of miles on them traveling.

I especially liked the video of your's idling. :beer:

Terry

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Sam ...

I'm running the TCI Super Street Fighter tranny and 3:73 gears.

No where I Do-Not think close to your H/P & Torque though.

I don't have it back but just guessing probably around the 600 area at the tires.

I did go over and saw your Thread build and you have 1-Bad-Ass Mustang, buddy :beer:

Say what size are your Wheels in the rear, "Width-Wise" ?

I see you are running 28 psi in them so trying to get a good picture of how they sit on the ground with your wheel width size.

Mine will be the SC-5 M/T 20x10.5" rear wheels.

I talked with M/T in CA. the other day and he suggested running 32 psi in them on the street.

I'm trying to get an idea as what psi to run in them driving on the road putting hundreds of miles on them traveling.

I especially liked the video of your's idling. :beer:

Terry

My wheels are 20x10, so the tire bulges a bit. That's why I run a little lower pressure, so I use more of the sides of the tread. A wider wheel like your 10.5 or even an 11" would have full tread contact at a higher pressure.

I'll get some pics of mine and how it sits for you.

And thanks! I still can't get over how much I like the rumbling cam sound. I get a lot of comments on it wherever I go.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wheels are 20x10, so the tire bulges a bit. That's why I run a little lower pressure, so I use more of the sides of the tread. A wider wheel like your 10.5 or even an 11" would have full tread contact at a higher pressure.

I'll get some pics of mine and how it sits for you.

And thanks! I still can't get over how much I like the rumbling cam sound. I get a lot of comments on it wherever I go.

Sam ...

Anyone that sees and hears your Machine and did not comment is NOT a Car-Person.

That Mustang of your's is just so Damn-Awesome sounding for sure. :beer:

I would be out in the garage firing it up just to hear it idle. :thumb:

Thanks for Posting the Pics. when you have time.

Terry

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score

The best drag radial ET Pro!!

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry as you know I have been running the M/T II's in 305/45/18 for my DD tires for a while now and I can't recommend them highly enough. They are a great DD tire for high HP cars. I have been caught in thunderstorms with these and they work very well. One time I drove from MIR all the way back home in the rain, on the interstate, without any problems with these tires.

If you want the best DR for the strip then get the new Pro's but if you want the best all around street/track tire then get the II's.

Earl

Last edited:

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I got caught in some pretty nasty rain and light snow mix yesterday on mine. They performed flawlessly. I even goosed it a couple times just to see how they would react on the wet road under power, and they still actually grabbed really well. I can't say enough good things about them.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry as you know I have been running the M/T II's in 305/45/18 for my DD tires for a while now and I can't recommend them highly enough. They are a great DD tire for high HP cars. I have been caught in thunderstorms with these and they work very well. One time I drove from MIR all the way back home in the rain, on the interstate, without any problems with these tires.

If you want the best DR for the strip then get the new Pro's but if you want the best all around street/track tire then get the II's.

Earl

I got caught in some pretty nasty rain and light snow mix yesterday on mine. They performed flawlessly. I even goosed it a couple times just to see how they would react on the wet road under power, and they still actually grabbed really well. I can't say enough good things about them.

Thanks Guys,

I'm not ignoring you on here I have not been Home recently.

So, trying to catch back up on Posting.

I'm not going to be able to get my New M/T II's installed for the drive to Lufkin, TX.

I'm out of time and can't get back to Home where Discount Tire has my tires.

I'll be back at Brenspeed tomorrow then the next morning off to the Texas Shootout.

Thanks for the info. and personally I'm very much looking forward to getting my new M/T II's installed once I get back from TX.

I will have them on the, NC 50th event. :highfive:

Terry

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Depends on what you mean by hook 1000hp on the ET street 2. My vette makes well over 1000rwhp (1100+ now) and with tire pressure ~18-19psi on a warm day it will hook a 60 punch on good pavement. Off the line, nope. Gearing/suspsension/etc will also have a huge effect so the comment that ET street 2 can hook 1000hp isn't that far off. Heck my car is IRS and stock suspension which is far from good from a hooking up stand point. Running a 345/35/18 ET street 2.

20140416_183645.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back