Best place to buy PI Torque Converter

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the "best" stall for the track without changing the way the car handle every day. Actually i have a 3000 TCI Saw some improvement at the track, didn't notice any difference on the street, except it's so soft.

Should i go with a 3200/3500 or bigger as i'm going FI at the same time ?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
What is the "best" stall for the track without changing the way the car handle every day. Actually i have a 3000 TCI Saw some improvement at the track, didn't notice any difference on the street, except it's so soft.

Twin Screw F/I = 2600 - 2800. Good combination of daily driver and track use

JMO

07 Boss

Reaction score

I would wait till after you put the supercharger in. Stall speed on a street driven car is very subjective. Depends on how you like it as far as driveability. Where your power curve kicks in will have a lot to do with it. But, it has been my experience that higher HP applications will create issues with the TCI convertor. If, and when you switch, I would look into a PI unit.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would wait till after you put the supercharger in. Stall speed on a street driven car is very subjective. Depends on how you like it as far as driveability. Where your power curve kicks in will have a lot to do with it. But, it has been my experience that higher HP applications will create issues with the TCI convertor. If, and when you switch, I would look into a PI unit.

yeah my plan is to swap my TCI with a PI.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
Billy the Kid,
You were probably quoted a price for the wrong convertor. You have to be specific as to which one you want because they do make 2 different ones for our cars. My original e-mail from them had 2 price quotes on it and I believe the other one was right around 7 something. Anyways, the one we are referencing here is the "Stallion" triple disc. I don't think the other one has full lock-up capabilities at WOT.
No it was the stallion it may have been on sale a month back.

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
There are two "Stallion" converters, a single-disc and the multi-disc. The single disc retails for around $700 the multi-disc retails for around $900

Chris07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Just b/c it's not on our site, doesn't mean we dont have it. Our site is just not updated. Our web guy takes his sweet ass time updating it.

I'll get you a price ASAP

Please do - I'd like to get this ordered on Monday.

Bkid

forum member
Reaction score
There are two "Stallion" converters, a single-disc and the multi-disc. The single disc retails for around $700 the multi-disc retails for around $900
That is what is going on then. What are the benefits of a multi-disk?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back